Ian101

Solar panel house job but needed 52 ft of sl extreme

Ian101

Combination of shallow pitch and tall house

took just under an hour

rcproperty

nice, was that 2 houses with them on? if so hope you knocked on next door and gave them a price too! lol

Smurf

Looks like a nightmare of a job to do from the ground standing that far back using such a long pole.

How much did you charge by the way?

Ian101

Looks like a nightmare of a job to do from the ground standing that far back using such a long pole.

How much did you charge by the way?

£50 for the pair

Ian101

no nice and light pole is gardiners 47 extreme with extrem wide brush so light as feather

Smurf

So you would still need to do a hell of a lot of spc jobs like that to recoup the cost of that pole? :Image16:

Ian101

So you would still need to do a hell of a lot of spc jobs like that to recoup the cost of that pole? :Image16:

solar panel just for fun used mainly on big commercial jobs i do .... soon paid for itself in time ive saved on commercial jobs over the old pole ... knocked hours off some jobs

Guest OoO

The cost of the pole is £840 inc vat.

£840 / £25 (average job) = 33 jobs. So you are looking at around 16/17 hours and the pole has paid for it self.

To me that is a sound investment. The wear on the pole is minimal.

Smurf

So does the pole not bend at that fully extended length when in use and start rubbing on the roofline/sp frames?

Guest OoO

Nah they are pretty rigid tbh.

Smurf

So on that one I guessing you would need to use the pole raised above your head to clear the edge of the front sp frames?

Guest OoO

Nahhhhhhh you wouldn't need todo that.

But the Op doesnt appear to have a gooseneck. I use a gooseneck.

Ian101

yup got gooseneck which normally adequate but on this job i did need a longer gooseneck which is now on order

Guest OoO

the Gardiner 90 degree angle gooseneck and extreme 47 is perfect combo

Neil

The cost of the pole is £840 inc vat.

£840 / £25 (average job) = 33 jobs. So you are looking at around 16/17 hours and the pole has paid for it self.

To me that is a sound investment. The wear on the pole is minimal.

wow £840 plus vat!!! Is there any other light poles for solar panel cleaning that are a bit cheaper ?

Smurf

NO sadly not as there is nothing close as of yet too a Gardiner xtreme. And may I add that is the sale price before the new xtreme poles come out :Image13:

Unless you don't mind an extra kg or more then x-line do cf poles cheaper

Example

50 ft evelution pro + 3.6kg £719 inc vat

47ft xtreme with 3 sections giving 68ft reach weighs the same as a 50ft eveloution pro +

Guest OoO

Yes smurf. Not everytime tho.

Neil £840 is inc vat. The pole used to be 1000£ PLUS vat!!

Smurf

I'm very tempted to get one now Damo but may wait for the new xtreme to come out as don't want to be messing around changing the clamps over later on..