Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Ever School

Carlwindy

Just give a price to a local school, I said £200 and the care taker snapped my hand off and I could tell by his reaction that the last company charged a lot more so I'm abit gutted knowing I could of got more out of them, Any of you guys added extra onto a bill??

Not sure mate as I only do houses and shops, like I say it's my first ever big big job, i think I'll do it for the £200 and if I'm not happy ill tell them it will be more next time and if they don't like it ill bin it off! Live and learn don't we /emoticons/unsure.png

hi matey,schools can be difficult it depends how you go about them-always weekend work(liase with the caretaker for keys if you need them-this is for outsides only)you'll get paid withing 60 days following the checks the council do on you(thats the way it works with leeds city council so can't comment on any others)if you are doing insides aswell again liase with the caretaker to find suitable times to do them,have found that a couple of early hours every morning nails it on the head in a week i've just knocked one back at £250,only a primary school but when you do the sums its better to keep domestic.only one tip i can give you is the caretaker is/will be your best mate as they can make life easy for you once they are on board

Cheers for reply mate, yeh I no what your saying as you no were you are with domestic work, this is trail and error for me! I said I'll do it in the 6week hols and once in the Easter hols, if I don't like it ill bin it off!

Yes, the caretaker is your best friend with schools. I just got my second school and it was recommended from the first. you can also clean some of the schools on the weekend or Sundays for extra £££ so your round does not get in the way.

hi carl,the summer clean needs to be as late as possible the caretaker will allow to the kids going back(that way the head teacher see's the benefit)inside wise try and go for "cleaning day"this is where the kitchen goes in two days before to gut it all-everyone has to be in-you can crack on/the tea and hot food from the kitchen will be their(the kitchen staff would normally make a snack for everyone there)oh another thing have a crb check done-it helps loads and tell them about it-schools chat amongst themselves

Back