Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Too Slow?

rugbywolf

I think of myself as an efficient worker, therefore fast, but I do worry that my customers

won’t like it if I’m too fast, so I will tend, sometimes, to slow down a bit. I was working one

day last week when a windy I know (wfp) came along, we stopped and chatted, and then

went back to work. He did one front with a double bay up and down and a three bed

detached all round in fifteen minutes. £5 and £10. As it happens I saw him again today,

and as we were talking he mentioned that he charged a pound a minute. So I thought,

sod that, and I’ve been working at full speed today, and will so in the future.

Pound a min, £60 ph, good goin that I do water fed and trad and I can no way earn that much lol, I always work as fast as I can, long as the final finish is the same I don't think they mind, apart from the odd funny bugger

Pound a min, £60 ph, good goin that I do water fed and trad and I can no way earn that much lol, I always work as fast as I can, long as the final finish is the same I don't think they mind, apart from the odd funny bugger

Yeah same here I do wfp upstairs and trad downs, I try and earn half that if I can

I do 20ph min, I can do 30ph on some stretches and love it. 60ph would be great, £300 in 5hours lol /emoticons/smile.png you van mount or trolley pete?

Yeah same here I aim for £25-£30, I know of some guys who are doing £350-£400 daily.

I'm pretty small time me mate, 400ltr tank and a back pack on a trolley that's it

£400 a day lol I'd only work 2days a week. Do you use the tank as a van mount or just to store water for the backpack? I use trolley but thinking of a van mount /emoticons/unsure.png

I had a customer that complained (this is 2005ish) that it took 4 of us only 25mins to do her £30 house...

...We got rid.

The windows were always clean and we always pointed that out when she complained, but she did it every time and would hold the money in her hand and only give it after she'd moaned for 3-4mins.

It only took so long cause we needed someone footing the ladders and it was trad.

It's now £30 and gets done by two lads wfp in less than 30mins.

Awful customer.

£400 a day lol I'd only work 2days a week. Do you use the tank as a van mount or just to store water for the backpack? I use trolley but thinking of a van mount /emoticons/unsure.png

Yeah just to store water for me back pack at the moment, but I'm going to buy a 100m hose and make my own van system on the cheap, my back pack on my trolley is the best thing I ever did though, cheap and easy, just a pain if you do up and down wfp as you can only carry 17ltr of water

I had a customer that complained (this is 2005ish) that it took 4 of us only 25mins to do her £30 house...

...We got rid.

The windows were always clean and we always pointed that out when she complained, but she did it every time and would hold the money in her hand and only give it after she'd moaned for 3-4mins.

It only took so long cause we needed someone footing the ladders and it was trad.

It's now £30 and gets done by two lads wfp in less than 30mins.

Awful customer.

These type of customers get on my nerves, I time it so there out when I go to clean them lol

Well some of the prices that they charge are cracking fair play but I can't see how there lasting, sometimes I get greedy when I price but I've learned now to price fairly to make sure I get the job and as long as I earn £25-£30 a hour I'm happy

Well some of the prices that they charge are cracking fair play but I can't see how there lasting, sometimes I get greedy when I price but I've learned now to price fairly to make sure I get the job and as long as I earn £25-£30 a hour I'm happy
Have to agree same here, better to get the job at a price right for you...

Very politely put shazzy but RC will tell you it is not impossible on some bigger well paid jobs. However to be honest I can't see anyone doing that working on their own day in day out myself just cleaning windows but if they can all I can say is fair play to them.

I agree smurf, we can do it occasionally, 50/80ph.!!! at £80 that's £560 a day for 7 hours, that's £2800 for a 5 day week. which equals £145,600 yearly. pmsl.

I know shazzy.... wish we could all do that would be nice but sadly no way could it be done by one person.

I think some people talk out of there bottoms.!!! :Image3:
if there is one thing I have learned from talking to other cleaners round here it can safely be said the yes, a lot of them do indeed "talk out of there bottoms" :Image14:

Back