Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory Roof Advice

petehughesy

I've always done them when asked but usually do them pretty quick with the wfp and charge £5 extra etc, but I've got a conservatory roof to do tomorrow house is £20 so conservatory is fairly big, was guna just clean it when I do windows but I'm thinking of taking more time with it and charging abut more, how do you guys price? Also what's best to use to clean it? It's glass and its not green really, just the usual leaves and twigs and that

Are you cleaning all of the roof or just the glass? To make a few extra quid offer to do the lot, finials and all. Then ask for £50 for your trouble /emoticons/biggrin.png. Try a bit of ecover on your brush and hook up to their water for the initial clean if poss, then pure after that.

Well I clean the house regular an the conservatory too, so I'm going to do the roof and then the house as usually after. I think I'll use there water to soak it then ill do it trad and rinse it, would you recommend rinsing with pure water? Is it worth it for a one off?

Dont bother wasting pure water on a conny roof - ask if they have a hose. My usual formula is - soak the roof up good with hose, blade it off with harris pole (just to remove all the debris) put applicator on harris pole, give everything a good scrub, rinse off with hose and voila, squeeky clean. If you wanted to you could then use pure water just to give a final wash and a rinse but i dont bother for conservatory roofs. One thing I have found is that I usually end up doing the conservatory gutters too, because of the amount of water used it just makes sense - so do gutters, then roof, then you will prolly need to do the windows and fascias too, and bam, it'll look like brand new. Cost depends on size but yeah 20 - 50 sounds about right

Back