Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory Roof Clean, Advice Please.

KFH19

Hi everyone, I have a successful pressure washing business and have recently added reach and wash window cleaning etc... After reading this forum everyday I had to buy some ubik2000....so if possible could smurf or hotwash.....who come across as the conny kings please advise my how they tackle the job with this chemical. Dilution rate, how long do you let it work in for and is it ok to get on glass etc?

Thanks in advance.

Kfh.

It's dilution rate is stated on the container, but I generally use it either 50/1 or 200/1.

You can let it work as long as you like to it doesn't matter, but generally just a spray around then get cleaning and it works great. It's brilliant for glass as it leaves a streak and spot free result.

I sometimes just spray some on my brush too.

Good luck with your cleaning.

Was wishfull thinking on my part...silly old me :Image13:

Anyhow best have a play with the strength of ubik to see what best suits you.but roughly 5 -10 parts water to 1 part ubik is what I use the most. Anything stronger I've found can react with the dirt and can stain white plastic when it is sprayed on filthy areas. Then you have to use a cream/solvent cleaner to get rid of the brown stains which is a pain in the ****.

Before using ubik I tend to see first how well just using pure water cleans first then if required go back over with some ubik on your brush or spray the area you are working on with the water turned off. Let dwell for a couple of mins then rinse off.

Things I have learnt from my first conny roof clean.....

1) I prefer my usual pressure washing work.

2) ubik 2000 is effective and good value.

3) pure water and my trolley are brilliant!

4) conservatory cleaning is a nightmare.

5) I think I have retired from cleaning conservatories!

Oh dear retiring so soon.

Welcome to the I hate conservatory roof cleaning club :Image13:

Things I have learnt from my first conny roof clean.....

1) I prefer my usual pressure washing work.

2) ubik 2000 is effective and good value.

3) pure water and my trolley are brilliant!

4) conservatory cleaning is a nightmare.

5) I think I have retired from cleaning conservatories!

Back