Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traffic/vivaro ,vito, Transporter

I have a lwb traffic great van ,vito apparently suffer from rust Transporter is a lovely motor
yeah transporters are nice but pricey vitos seem ok heard they are thirsty and vivaros Gearbox issues, Why cant they just make a good workhorse van like the old days, I truly believe the money is in the parts for these companies

ive a 55 plate primastar ( same as traffic vivaro), no gearbox issues yet anyway, its a great van, change the gearbox oil when you change the engine oil and youll be fine and don't thrash em, ive an 07 primastar as well if you can afford it go for an 07 plate onwards with the 115 bhp engine as the gearbox issue was sorted in them , im buying a new one of em next year, great vans

Pre 2005 vitos rust like like hell

Transporters have water pump problems water gets into the engine which can be expensive. Not sure about the new engines they have put in them 2 LTwin turbos, but pricey!

I like the toyota hiace they are good reliable work horses little bit more thirsty tho I think than other models, but saying that I want a new sport vito lol.

I like the Hyundi I load but heard there only good for 70k then elec probs n turbos go.

Don't like French full stop lol

I have a 2012 vivaro sportive and they have to be the best option, better brakes etc. Economical I get around 27 to 29 around town when loaded, 35 to 40 on motor way. Has to be most economical by far.

They do seem to be the best value for money. They seem to be the cheapest out of the popular vans.

Transit, transporters,vitos etc are usually more expensive. You can pickl up 2012/13 models for 10,000 plus vat with little mileage.

I have a 2012 vivaro sportive and they have to be the best option, better brakes etc. Economical I get around 27 to 29 around town when loaded, 35 to 40 on motor way. Has to be most economical by far.
I'd get more miles in the transit..

figures do not seem too good to me expect mid 30's at least
I don’t drive like a girl, lol. That's fully laden, if I drive like a woman I could get nearly 35 plus around town, but my figures are based on my heatwave system running off the same tank of fuel so I think it is pretty good really.

It is a 2.0 van too. And I generally use the air conditioning all the time, so I am probably not the most eco friendly driver.

What do you have?

I get more miles to the gallon & I have 2.5 Transporter.

Transits are good & are big inside for what they are, parts are cheap, rear lights always go funny on fords, they always have for years & they still haven't sorted it lol indicators flash when foot on brake etc. not hard to sort.

Transit don't drive like VW tho lol Ive had a few of both

My joiner mate has a 07 plate Transit, hates it, rusty, electrical issues, gearbox has blown, he is getting a Primastar next after seeing how good mine has been, all vans are same though IMHO , look after em and if buying 2nd hand PREY the previous owners did.

I don’t drive like a girl, lol. That's fully laden, if I drive like a woman I could get nearly 35 plus around town, but my figures are based on my heatwave system running off the same tank of fuel so I think it is pretty good really.

It is a 2.0 van too. And I generally use the air conditioning all the time, so I am probably not the most eco friendly driver.

What do you have?
You dont drive like one, but you have the posture of one :Image9: I have a kangoo really struggling with my loads now (eating tyres dont feel safe cornering etc etc) hence why Im after a midsize van, but so many horror stories dont know which one to chose....

Back