Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Really Miffed After Collecting Tonight

WCF

Help Support WCF:

petehughesy

Got this round I've been doing for ages, been slowly trying to build it up over last few months, any way doin it this month I picked up two new houses at £15 each so I was really chuffed, go collecting tonight and I loose 2 houses at the same price which I've been cleaning for 5+ years, the first one is fair enough they have sold up and are moving abroad but the second on I lost, wait for it............ She's bought her self a karcher steam cleaner, so she no longer needs me to clean the windows, I was gutted!!

Always seems that what ever new ones I pick up old ones drop me the same month, so frustrating!!

Ha, she'll call you back, just give her a knock in a week or three... take her a bottle of wine to thank her for her custom over the years and no hard feelings and to call if she ever wants a windy again.. I bet you she comes back!

Ha, she'll call you back, just give her a knock in a week or three... take her a bottle of wine to thank her for her custom over the years and no hard feelings and to call if she ever wants a windy again.. I bet you she comes back!
+_1

Bloke I clean for adhoc wants me to upstairs only. He's got a Karcher too. He showed me it in action. My face must've said it all lol.

+1 more

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Bloke I clean for adhoc wants me to upstairs only. He's got a Karcher too. He showed me it in action. My face must've said it all lol.
my mum uses one, doing there house it takes her all day literally lol

Its a novelty toy, people don't have the time to do their own windows and do them PROFESSIONALLY.

Yes there are a few who do but most would rather pay.

She will be back in a month or so.

One thing i have noticed is make sure you have all corners covered for "gaining work"

The amount of times i have gained work from a new idea on advertising etc is unreal.

A local shop had filthy windows, i asked if he needed a cleaner.

"nah i do them myself" What like once a year? In the end i got a an A5 leaflet up for free of charge in the shop and i clean his windows free of charge. First customer from that leaflet easily sorted the "free cleans" £750 pressure washing job!

I still wonder with this karcher how people do upstairs. They never show it us being used on upstairs windows. If a customer of mine bought one & asked me to do just upstairs I'd have to politely say no.

I have 1 customer ask for monthly cleans, accept a price , Signs up then after the first clean complain the cost was too much (£12 for a large semi) She wanted a one off clean and was cunning. I now have terms and conditions signed at the start of the contract.

PS Nice MK1

A bottle of wine? If she rang me again I'd would have to give myself a pay rise for the inconvenience.. Say £5? She can't complain as she has already wasted £50 or £60 and hours of arsing about with the her new toy

Good job mrbrodex doesn't know her number or he would be on the phone trying to flog his new gizmo :Image3:

A bottle of wine? If she rang me again I'd would have to give myself a pay rise for the inconvenience.. Say £5? She can't complain as she has already wasted £50 or £60 and hours of arsing about with the her new toy
i didnt realise that karcher made toys for the ladies :Image4: :Image3:

Back