Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Really Miffed After Collecting Tonight

petehughesy

Got this round I've been doing for ages, been slowly trying to build it up over last few months, any way doin it this month I picked up two new houses at £15 each so I was really chuffed, go collecting tonight and I loose 2 houses at the same price which I've been cleaning for 5+ years, the first one is fair enough they have sold up and are moving abroad but the second on I lost, wait for it............ She's bought her self a karcher steam cleaner, so she no longer needs me to clean the windows, I was gutted!!

Always seems that what ever new ones I pick up old ones drop me the same month, so frustrating!!

Ha, she'll call you back, just give her a knock in a week or three... take her a bottle of wine to thank her for her custom over the years and no hard feelings and to call if she ever wants a windy again.. I bet you she comes back!

Ha, she'll call you back, just give her a knock in a week or three... take her a bottle of wine to thank her for her custom over the years and no hard feelings and to call if she ever wants a windy again.. I bet you she comes back!
+_1

Bloke I clean for adhoc wants me to upstairs only. He's got a Karcher too. He showed me it in action. My face must've said it all lol.

+1 more

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Bloke I clean for adhoc wants me to upstairs only. He's got a Karcher too. He showed me it in action. My face must've said it all lol.
my mum uses one, doing there house it takes her all day literally lol

Its a novelty toy, people don't have the time to do their own windows and do them PROFESSIONALLY.

Yes there are a few who do but most would rather pay.

She will be back in a month or so.

One thing i have noticed is make sure you have all corners covered for "gaining work"

The amount of times i have gained work from a new idea on advertising etc is unreal.

A local shop had filthy windows, i asked if he needed a cleaner.

"nah i do them myself" What like once a year? In the end i got a an A5 leaflet up for free of charge in the shop and i clean his windows free of charge. First customer from that leaflet easily sorted the "free cleans" £750 pressure washing job!

I still wonder with this karcher how people do upstairs. They never show it us being used on upstairs windows. If a customer of mine bought one & asked me to do just upstairs I'd have to politely say no.

I have 1 customer ask for monthly cleans, accept a price , Signs up then after the first clean complain the cost was too much (£12 for a large semi) She wanted a one off clean and was cunning. I now have terms and conditions signed at the start of the contract.

PS Nice MK1

A bottle of wine? If she rang me again I'd would have to give myself a pay rise for the inconvenience.. Say £5? She can't complain as she has already wasted £50 or £60 and hours of arsing about with the her new toy

Good job mrbrodex doesn't know her number or he would be on the phone trying to flog his new gizmo :Image3:

A bottle of wine? If she rang me again I'd would have to give myself a pay rise for the inconvenience.. Say £5? She can't complain as she has already wasted £50 or £60 and hours of arsing about with the her new toy
i didnt realise that karcher made toys for the ladies :Image4: :Image3:

Back