Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Genuine Question (Sorry If It Sounds Soft)

petehughesy

Does wfp'ing up and down really make you quicker and make work easier for you?

I currently wfp and trad bottoms on 60% of my work, 30% I do up and down wfp, I am seriously thinking of doing wfp for everything but I'm hesitant as I'd need to update my gear if i choose to do so as I currently only use a backpack on a trolley, but I do like the idea of a reel in the van and not having to fill me backpack up all the time, also if I was to change would I need a RO in stead of the di and resin I use not, as I'd imagine the resin wouldn't last 5 mins?

Easier yes.....

Quicker maybe.

Depends on the style of the bottom windows. Alot of the time I would be finished trad if I did it.

But I am lazy and love WFP too much.

Thing is, some people try to clean really fast and then get complaints and so say wfp isnt much quicker.

Work smart, learn your windows, which windows are easier from next door, which windows to leave to drip or have gutters underneath etc....and speed then comes with it.....

Wfp may not be massively quicker on the window but imo its alot quicker inbetween windows

I'm quicker with blade than wfp so always blade ground floor myself.

Now thinking of converting all tops wfp to save my legs but love ladder work.

The other thing about WFP of course is that you can also clean the frames. Customers will notice clean downstairs frames easier than upstairs. So WFP frame cleaning gives you an edge over traditional only competition.

Plus regarding speed...

If you use WFP only and no trad, you only have one set of kit to move around :)

Your still young ady unlike us old folk :Image3:

I'm quicker with blade than wfp so always blade ground floor myself.

Now thinking of converting all tops wfp to save my legs but love ladder work.

this is a topic I'm interested in.

Just had a full purefreedom system fitted and am going from trolley to this, also had a 300gpd filter system and just upgraded to a 40/40 so now I have much more water and far easier method for cleaning windows wfp so will now probably be using wfp for 90% of the windows I clean.

It's always an option, just because you have full wfp system doesn't mean you have to use it if you're quicker trad, just means you have the option.

The other thing about WFP of course is that you can also clean the frames. Customers will notice clean downstairs frames easier than upstairs. So WFP frame cleaning gives you an edge over traditional only competition.

Plus regarding speed...

If you use WFP only and no trad, you only have one set of kit to move around :)

not really I trad and frames are as clean as wfp and my gear is already strapped to my waste I have a small step on my wfp trolley so one lot of kit does the job.

I'm way too lazy to trad the bottoms as well lol. Some houses it may be quicker to trad, but then you get ones where u really need your mini A-frame to get awkward windows and higher up ones. It's really all job dependent from house to house. you will know which houses it's worth doing trad down and not.

Plenty of work I do customers are happy with their regular trad/wfp cleaner. That is until I clean them properly for free after clearing & cleaning their gutters, fascia, soffit, conservatory roof, drive etc.

After saying that I would never go out of my way to take work away from another cleaner however good or bad they are. That is unless the customer asks me to do their windows in future.

The only way to find out is to get yourself sorted with bits you need so can run from the van and see how you get on.

Smurf you make me smile, I cook the dinner and take the dog for a walk. I use to trad bottoms and bungs , maybe I am a bit slow with the squeegee but I am a lot quicker with the wfp and thorough.

Does wfp'ing up and down really make you quicker and make work easier for you?

I currently wfp and trad bottoms on 60% of my work, 30% I do up and down wfp, I am seriously thinking of doing wfp for everything but I'm hesitant as I'd need to update my gear if i choose to do so as I currently only use a backpack on a trolley, but I do like the idea of a reel in the van and not having to fill me backpack up all the time, also if I was to change would I need a RO in stead of the di and resin I use not, as I'd imagine the resin wouldn't last 5 mins?
Yes, but trad can be quicker in some instances – unless you entire round is suitable for this you should be using the wfp or a combination of the two.

These days you won’t have a chance of winning some work with trad - if you’re up to date with pricing your work. Depending on the building wfp can be many times quicker than trad.

DI resin is cheap, but an RO can work out cheaper depending on water usage. There’s plenty to learn, anyone starting window cleaning with very little to no knowledge will be able to earn £20 per hour i.e. charging between £7 & £10 and servicing 2 -3 customers per hour. As soon as you start to increase your prices by just £0.50p & get a few better paying customer on your round, your hourly rate goes up, then comes more confidence and a bit more speed, your hourly rate goes up again. Once you start to reach this stage, now it’s up to you to move things along.

Don’t get stuck in a rut, make some changes and see what works for you. See what happens when you have learnt a few new things and start to apply them to your business full on. If you don’t do this, you will still have similar prices to when you started and a customer base that doesn’t really change. Remember the cost of pure water is cheap, so is the equipment really. Keep up to date with both.

Richard

Didn’t want to over do it with the £0.50p price increase in the post, otherwise RCProperty will be calling me a money orientated money grabbing capitalist. :Image12:

Richard

Back