Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Do I Need For A Simple Van System?

petehughesy

as the title says, i currently use a backpack, have a 400ltr tank in my combo but im looking to get a van system and then hopefully do all my work up and down wfp.

what are the basics i need to get? also if im going to be using more water is it worth me buying a ro instead of using standard di with resin?

think the most basic thing is the van first! lol

tank, tank frame, pump, hose reel, hose, pole, brush, hose connectors, few spare eared 'o' clips, spare hose connectors, battery, controller,

depends what RO you go for, and what your tap water tds is to start with

It really depends on your circumstances whether or not an RO is right for you. You have to work out if you will be using more water, and if so, will it be a significant amount more that an RO would save you a lot of money long term. DI units have the advantage of being flexible and quick, so you have to consider that too. Personally I use a DI and it is much easier for me to fill up (even at customers houses) and I find that the overall cost is negligible. Some people find the RO works for them, but being on a meter and having limited space is another factor. I actually asked the same thing recently, and extreme Damo gave me a comprehensive list of things you will need, if you can hunt down that post.

but being on a meter
being on a meter isnt as bad as people think! im on a water meter and it only costs under £10 for every 1000lts of pure i make with my ro, that includes the waste water.

being on a meter isnt as bad as people think! im on a water meter and it only costs under £10 for every 1000lts of pure i make with my ro, that includes the waste water
Oh really? you know that's not half bad is it. I naturally assumed it would be horrendous because of all the water waste. Cost you £24 to buy that from a local supplier. Just goes to show you.

Btw I have been looking at your setup, as I have a similar size van (caddy). I really like your setup. I wish I had your ingenuity to DIY my own van like yours.

Oh really? you know that's not half bad is it. I naturally assumed it would be horrendous because of all the water waste. Cost you £24 to buy that from a local supplier. Just goes to show you.

Btw I have been looking at your setup, as I have a similar size van (caddy). I really like your setup. I wish I had your ingenuity to DIY my own van like yours.
Might cost slightly different in different areas, I'm using an ro that has a ratio of 1:2.

Thanks its not that hard to do,

Might cost slightly different in different areas, I'm using an ro that has a ratio of 1:2.

Thanks its not that hard to do,
how long did it take you to do all the installation? I know what I need to buy, and have sourced everything, I'm just not sure enough in myself to install it all properly.

In total there is about 1 1/2 weeks work in there, I was in no rush to get it done so took my time over it.

That's the first tip, don't rush it! Lol

i have a large transit,and use a 500 litre insulated tank,i have a single outlet splitting off to two seperate hundred metre hoses which are fixed to rear of van,the pumps are two 7 litre vyair pumps with digital controllers,,

i have a large transit,and use a 500 litre insulated tank,i have a single outlet splitting off to two seperate hundred metre hoses which are fixed to rear of van,the pumps are two 7 litre vyair pumps with digital controllers,,
Hey rich! How's it going good to see you on here!!!

Thanks for the reply guys, I'm guna have a look around, I'd need a good reel and hose, pump and battery, with flow control, as regards the RO I genuinely thought if you are going to use a lot more water that di would just be too expensive? My tap water comes out around 90 usually.

Also is there a way of being able to still fill me back pack from my tank? Once my van system is hooked up to the tank?

Also I'm on water rates currently were I live so water is not a problem, one thing I never realised is how slow a RO takes to fill up, the di is quick and easy

You can go down the diy route to get you started.

Get yourself a used cheapo hozlock 50m reel then can buy 100m of microbore hose from fleebay to go on it. Gardiner sells the fitting you would need too.

Yeah that's kind of I've been looking at, sounds silly I know but do I not need a 100m reel? For 100m hose? Or is it because the micro bore hose is thinner than standard hope pipe? I've seen 100m microbore hose in eBay for around £40 is that reasonable?

Back