Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Sleeve Holds The Most Water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

W

WWC

Hi,

I normally use Ettore, and the microfiber sleeve is great for holding water and cleaning. I wanted to get a replacement for outdoor work, so a looking for the one that holds the most water.

Whilst on the subject... I also use Ettore T-Bars, and I am guessing there isn't much difference in the water holding capacity of different makes of T-Bars, assuming of course that we are not including the aluminum ones with no water channels.

I have seen a few sleeves that are a possibility, has anyone tried all or a number of these and know which holds the most water?

• Ettore Microfiber
  • Unger Monsoon
  • Pulex Tiger Wash
  • Pulex Microfibre
  • Sorbo Yellow Sleeve
  • SYR Tiger Sleeve
  • Any others?

Thanks,

Paul

How much water do you need?Always have to flick away excess water after dipping in bucket I thought you would need to do this using any sleeve or am I not understanding the question? I use unger monsoon find it does the job

I love the Pulex Tiger! I don't ever use my unger monsoon any more this is purely as they have a much better scub on them, could not tell you which holds more water so probably don't help you much lol :Image7:

I love the Pulex Tiger! I don't ever use my unger monsoon any more this is purely as they have a much better scub on them, could not tell you which holds more water so probably don't help you much lol :Image7:
Could you not do a test Oliver?

It looks like (from online pictures) the Tiger has a couple of different types of fibers in it - does it?

How much water do you need?Always have to flick away excess water after dipping in bucket I thought you would need to do this using any sleeve or am I not understanding the question? I use unger monsoon find it does the job
Some sleeves hold more water than others. For instance, comparing different Ettore ones that I own.

The Microfiber sleeve holds more water than the Golden Glove, which holds more than the Porcupine sleeve.

Get a wfp, then you can throw all the water you want at the glass /emoticons/smile.png

I use a Monsoon myself too.

Some sleeves hold more water than others. For instance, comparing different Ettore ones that I own.

The Microfiber sleeve holds more water than the Golden Glove, which holds more than the Porcupine sleeve.
Ah ok only used monsoon so I dont know sorry

Could you not do a test Oliver?
Sorry being lazy aren't I? lolThere you go mate this says it all, dunked both fully in water then squeezed them so full pulled both out until water stopped running out, then put them both in a glass & carefully squeezed the water out into each glass. The pic answer's the question! Almost double & the scrub on the Tiger is so much better! wins hands down for me

View attachment 3206

View attachment 1943

It looks like (from online pictures) the Tiger has a couple of different types of fibers in it - does it?
Yes the main red stripes are similar to the scrubber you get on the end of normal ones!The following is of a website that sells them..

The MicroTiger Sleeve from Pulex features microfiber material for maximum absorbtion and red strips of abrasive for extra scrubbing. Great sleeve for when you need a little extra scrub!

Sorry being lazy aren't I? lol

There you go mate this says it all, dunked both fully in water then squeezed them so full pulled both out until water stopped running out, then put them both in a glass & carefully squeezed the water out into each glass. The pic answer's the question! Almost double & the scrub on the Tiger is so much better! wins hands down for me

attachicon.gif
IMG_1322.JPG

Yes the main red stripes are similar to the scrubber you get on the end of normal ones!

The following is of a website that sells them..

The MicroTiger Sleeve from Pulex features microfiber material for maximum absorbtion and red strips of abrasive for extra scrubbing. Great sleeve for when you need a little extra scrub!
Many thanks Oliver, I appreciate your help.

So it holds extra water, doesn't drip much and has a good scrubbing ability... a good choice me thinks /emoticons/smile.png

Has anyone thought about the unger porcupine? It's brill
Unger porcupine? Ettore do a sleeve called porcupine, i would be surprised if Unger made one by the same name.

If its the Ettore porcupine that you are thinking of, it doesn't hold much water. That's not its selling point.

Back