Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Body Think This Will Work. Streetbidder

It's a great idea, but it's not for the uk. This is USA market.

Most USA cleaning companies charge

£200-£300 a clean and they clean the windows once a year and its an all day job due to screens etc.

But very impressive.

Could deffo work for other services such as pressure

Washing etc.

Bit more professional then just knocking on doors.

Think this would work in the uk.

On bigger house and gated esteates.

I would give it a go where all the footballer live near me.

As u say damo if its got pressure washing and other service we offer.....

Bit more professional then just knocking on doors.

Think this would work in the uk.

On bigger house and gated esteates.

I would give it a go where all the footballer live near me.

As u say damo if its got pressure washing and other service we offer.....
I fail to see what is unprofessional about knocking doors.

Way i see it face to face you got more of a chance. and if ur outside there house taking the bloody pics..... few more steps tap tap on the door and ur save the trees lol

I fail to see what is unprofessional about knocking doors.
Im shocked u say this..............

Biggest door knocked are gypsies. .......

And there a right bunch of professionals

Arnt they.

Ha ha.

Im shocked u say this..............

Biggest door knocked are gypsies. .......

And there a right bunch of professionals

Arnt they.

Ha ha.
I am getting good results from knocking because people see you are serious.

I can't think of a faster way apart from buying a round but am willing to listen to how you did it.

Wow 20years ago you would be up a ladder finishing last few windows why ya mate walked along the rest of the houses knocking on doors drumming up more work. But now he's of taking pics lmaooo I no I'm no pro at the game and only done a bit over 20year back and that's why I come here coz things are diff and I wanted to learn bout wfp. But one thing will never change and that's door knocking will always bring work fast.

Wow 20years ago you would be up a ladder finishing last few windows why ya mate walked along the rest of the houses knocking on doors drumming up more work. But now he's of taking pics lmaooo I no I'm no pro at the game and only done a bit over 20year back and that's why I come here coz things are diff and I wanted to learn bout wfp. But one thing will never change and that's door knocking will always bring work fast.
Hey ive done door knocking but most my work come from word of mouth and local advertising.

But think u was missing my point.

I said this would be good for bigger houses and private gated estates .

No millionaire wants someone knocking at his door asking if he wants a window cleaner.

God there's some narrow minded people on here.

Hey ive done door knocking but most my work come from word of mouth and local advertising.

No millionaire wants someone knocking at his door asking if he wants a window cleaner.

lollllll I'm far from narrow minded. And I do see some point in it like roads you can't av cold callers. But as for cleaning a millionaires windows.... wonder how the millionaire would take it some one taking pics of he's house lol

Oi mr millionaire..... I'm not here taking pics coz I want to rob you.....I just would love to clean your windows. Lmaoooo soz but u must see funny side.

Haha,,,, now that you explain it properly it makes more sense :Image9:

I'm no millionaire but, I'd still feel abit invaded having someone taking pictures of my house. This is just a jazzed up version of creating a flyer with a space where you insert a price and post it through the door. Something that has been talked about before but, is usually consiered bad practise for various reasons.

I'm with Bernie, door knocking will always be the best way to gain work IMO, I'm much more likely to say yes to a honest looking local lad standing at my door than to a flyer/postcard and even less likely to say yes to some cheeky bugger sending me pictures of my house. Even if I'm mildly interested in a flyer and consider ringing the number, there's every chance I'll put it down and forget and that is the biggest pitfall with flyers.

Mart.

Oi mr millionaire..... I'm not here taking pics coz I want to rob you.....I just would love to clean your windows. Lmaoooo soz but u must see funny side.
Well im sure u could look on google maps and street maps. I can take screen shots of street maps then could use that.
Ive given estimated prices on many jobs by looking on google maps.

I not saying everyone should stop what there doing and start using this software.

I was just saying it may be a good idear on some housing area's

Well im sure u could look on google maps and street maps. I can take screen shots of street maps then could use that.

Ive given estimated prices on many jobs by looking on google maps.
Totally different scenario bud. I use googlemaps all the time and if I was a customer that had phoned you and I was saying "I have 3 windows at the front err...no hang on, two at the front and a patio...err I mean porch...oh hang on, I've got 3 at the front but one of them is a tiny window err" and meanwhile, you popped up googlemaps and and helped me out, I would think 'wow, what a pro'. If however you stood outside my house taking pictures without my permission and I asked you what you wanted and you go 'I'm a window cleaner called H and am pricing your house up', then I'd go 'sod off mate, I don't want one.
I miss H.

Mart.

Yes wheres h these days.........

Seen his van the other day with new allows on .

So hes still about......

Back