Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why The Resin Gets Into The Tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

I noticed at the bottom of the tank a kkind of yellow sand - which actually is resin coming from the unit

Ive checked the DI cartridge - there are no filters I can replace - is just a perforated plastic

It didn't happen since I bought the unit last year

shall I just put a sock in the cartridge to prevent the resin going down the system ?

regards

what di have you got? is it one that has a 1lt refill in it? if it is then it should have a round sponge at the bottom of it then the resin, then the sponge then plastic perforated disc then lid

yes is a small glass DI and - no It doesnt have any sponges - just plastic covers lid etc

May I ask you for some more help pls - /emoticons/sad.png

Firstly it's quite weird - but how on earth my ro/di unit worked fine without these sponges in the resin cartridge - for over 4 months I didn't noticed any resin in the tank until 10 days ago -- anyway , I crafted two round sponges from a kitchen sponge - seems ok now

The most important question now is that the TDS reads more and more every day - even if the resin was changed a week ago ... It went up from 003 to 008 and I recon it will get even worse . May be I should replace the RO membrane ? (isn't too soon?! is about 5 months old)

Or may be my kitchen sponge got moulded and now contaminates the water

or may be the resin is not a good quality ? as I bought it on ebay not from pure freedom

any help wd be appreciate

thx

are you flushing the system through before you go through the resin??

my membraines are 2 years old.

when my ro is running all the time the output before resin is around 012-014ppm but if i have it turned off for a few hours or a day the output comes out at 100+ppm

it always need a good flush before eash time, mine has a 30sec boost flush with the pump and then i let it run for about 20 minutes before puting it through resin to make pure!

yes I flash for few minutes

Im gonna check the reading before the DI cartridge - to see what's coming from RO

yes I flash for few minutes

Im gonna check the reading before the DI cartridge - to see what's coming from RO
you flash do you?? lol

let it flush longer before you put through DI,

you flash do you?? lol

let it flush longer before you put through DI,
do I have to disconnect the pipe itself from DI cartridge ??!

Before filling the tank I open that valve which comes from RO - how do u call it ? forgot - is it flow restrictor ?

do I have to disconnect the pipe itself from DI cartridge ??!

Before filling the tank I open that valve which comes from RO - how do u call it ? forgot - is it flow restrictor ?
is there not a tap fitted to bypass the DI?

not to sure, what RO system are you using?

is there not a tap fitted to bypass the DI?

not to sure, what RO system are you using?
DSC_0423.jpg

the only 'tap' is the flow restrictor which is closed in the image - and when I flush (!) : ) I open it for about 3-5 min

either way - the water runs thro black pipe - waste pipe - which is normal

Back