Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Health & Safety

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No you don't have to have one by law but is always nice to have if that's something you wish to do.

That's in the UK anyway.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cheers gav , what about COSHH have I got to have that ? As I carry chemicals like acid and few other bits I have to have data sheets don't I? But do I need the sheets for ever chemical including bleach?

ERM not sure I dont think you would have to have it by law if it was just you working. I would say its probably advisable to Cary COSHH info if you had employees but again not 100% sure.

With acid etc though not sure of the rules/regulations on that. At work we have to have coshh info on all cleaning products etc because we look after people with Autism and have big staff teams. Most products you can get coshh info for.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top man gav will look into the health & safety courses, I've just got my waste license too

I have not got a health & safety cert I also have never been asked in nearly 30 years of being self employed

its best to have COSHH for each chemical you have just in case.

when i used to work as kitchen manager years ago we even had to have COSHH sheets for wahing up liquid, as some people can have allergies. my partner can only use certain cleaning and wash products otherwise she comes out in a bad rash, even with some plastic gloves with the powder inside them!

in a way you dont need any, untill something happens and thats when you need it all for insurance as they would ask for it all.

i know its going back to this old thing, but its like ladders, you dont really need to be trained to use them, but if you fall off and put a claim in through insurance that would be one thing they would ask to see to prove that you had training on them, otherwise they will use that not to pay out. sad world we live in but its always best to have some things in palce to cover you bum.

I carry COSHH for all carpet cleaning chemicals in a folder,it's a good idea to as I've heard although don't know how TRUE that agencies sometimes check these things out.

Where can I get data sheets from for all the chemicals I use? Can I download them off the net? I have one for my acid but not clover vanquish,ubik and all other chemicals I use?

Back