Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Pure Did You Think Your Water Was?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Richard

The comments below about the purity of the water; water volumes are used as a measure. It’s not about the cost and amount of resin or water used during wfp.

Quality Mixed Bead Deionization Resin will give you a very high quality of pure water - purity of less than 25 parts per Billion.

You may already think your water is only 1 part per million, because of the limits your TDS meter has, or you have been assuming wrongly because of some advertising you have seen. But it’s not likely to be that low, or so significantly accurate to be 1 part per million every time you purify the water. (Drinking water is only 500 parts per million, maximum)

When you use Mixed Bead Resin, the water is more likely to be much closer to 1 part per 40 million (or higher) or somewhere in-between at least, it’s not likely to be always accurate or the same (even if you just make 1 litre of pure water it will be the same purity). So the more times you put you’re already ‘Pure Water’ through another DI Vessel its get Purer, less than 25 parts per Billion.

Mixed Bead Resin can produce pure water with 1 gram of dissolved impurities per 40 thousand litres plus – that’s 25 parts per Billion

To put that into some perspectives; this is 40 IBC tanks of water – this isn’t 1 gram dissolved impurities per 1000 litres or 1 part per million – it is 1 gram of dissolved impurities per 40,000 litres which is I part per 40 million – This is around the purity you have probably been working with – unless your TDS metre does go up.

Richard

Using DI resin 2-4 times to purify the water further is a selling/marketing point. Cost effective as well, I now have 3 x DI after the RO and a DI in the Van prior to the water being used.

The water is not 1 part per billion, but its close enough and it only cost me the price of a bag of resin & DI vessels.

I give water away to some of my customer, they clean just about anything with it, including leather chairs/sofas, apparently it works brilliant for these – a lot of them call it ‘magic water’ . The more Pure the water is, you can clean faster

Richard

Latest Posts

Back