Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Full Valets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TommyQ

Saw a few people talking about this somewhere else online recently and have been toying with the idea myself of advertising a full valeting service.

This would include windows in and out, fascias, gutters cleared and any conservatory roof cleaned as well.

Do any of you currently advertise this and how much would you feel would be a good starting price for such a service? Any other thoughts?

I would imagine this being a once yearly service for some customers but also ideal for those looking to sell/rent there property.

Tom

Depends if you want to and more to the point capable to offer those extra services or not.

Are you good with working at heights from ladders?

Full exterior cleans can be very hard graft and dangerous too working at roofline height compared to just cleaning window using your preferred method be it trad or wfp.

Investing in the right tools & equipment to work safely as possible is the key to be able to take on the extra work such as domestic 2 storey gutter clearing as most jobs will require ladders as well as using a guttervac. Cleaning the plastics can either be done by hand or my preferred method is using wfp and chems when required.

Below is an example of an easy gutter clearing job with no conservatory but a small extension on the back.

What you see in the pic that kit including the conservatory roof ladder on the van roof, guttervac, gutter cleaning ladder setup would set you back buying brand new approx £2,500 without including my wfp gear and other kit I use for exterior property cleaning. The cost so soon mounts up buying the right tools and equipment to do a professional job and most importantly come home safe each day.

View attachment 3223

Whilst there I was also asked to do a full exterior clean of plastics including gutters, fascia, soffits, gable ends also a first clean on the windows. Customer also needs his block paving driveway cleaned too.

Just goes to show from just one small gutter clearing job has now grown into quite a bit of work including a regular window clean. That sort of thing happens quite often as ppl would rather deal with one firm to do all the work that they know will do a good job.

Regarding pricing it’s down to you what you charge but you need to charge enough to cover the time it takes that you and the customer will be happy with. Simples

Hope this helps?

Anyhow now it's stopped peeing it down I better get off my fat **** and go do some work for a change...Darn :Image13:

Dont you just love the good old british weather :Image16:

Very helpful thank you Smurf. Looks like you've got a great setup there.

I have the majority of the equipment, just missing the guttervac at the moment, Will be looking to push this service much more in the future.

Thanks for the help

Tom

Back