Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Noob Gutter Help

Andykarlaxxx

Ok so the gutter cleaners,

I notice they do 110v ones and 240v ones....

What's the beneficial difference in the 2?

Also if you was on site on a job, would you use a petrol generator to power it up? Cause I'm gathering with the power of these babies are you can't wire them up to your van haha....

Cheers.

Andy

My first guttervac was 110v 4200w from omni and when that one wore out I changed over and have been using 240v ever since.

6 kva generator is what you need for that size vac but it's a beast of a thing to cart about :Image13:

Thanks smurf, what's the dance with the difference in volts? Why are the 110v ones more expensive than the 240v?

I'm no electrician but I would have thought it would be other way round? Is the 240v not the powerfullest ?

Is powerfullest even a friggin word?

I'm loosing my mind ahhhhhh

I'm guessing 110v wet/dry vac's are not so popular here in the UK so they can charge more. Regarding site H&S 240v can be used onsite now with an outside circuit breaker fitted to the power source.

110v is far safer. That's what my man uses who does the gutter work.

240v shock is a killer.

110v is a lot safer.

With it being split 55 0 55 I'd rather get a 110v shock anyway.

Did not want to state the obvious as thought you would have figured that one out :Image13:

Anyhow If 240 was that dangerous why do they still sell 240 volt gardening tools like mowers etc :Image16:

most comercial sites will insist that use use 110v as stated before its safer some will let you use 240v with an rcd but its rare so when buying one you need to look at what sort of work youre going to be taking on domestic only or domestic and comercial, but if your going to run it off a generator you might as well get a 110v one so if the odd comercial job pops up you can do it, e.g i did a big clean on a factory, windows, gutters and jet washing after the MD see the gutter vac he asked me to go inside the factory and to some high level cleaning on all the girders above the machines etc as mine was 110v i could just plug it in the mains n crack on

Well if you like lugging around a 32 amp heavy duty stepdown transformer about for domestics and some commercial stuff then crack on :Image16:

I've also done many commercial jobs using 240 volts without any issues so not all insist you use 110 volt kit

Well if you like lugging around a 32 amp heavy duty stepdown transformer about for domestics and some commercial stuff then crack on :Image16:

I've also done many commercial jobs using 240 volts without any issues so not all insist you use 110 volt kit
you only need the 110v transformer if your plugging into the customers mains and there not that heavy, but like i said if you plan on running it off generator then theres no issue, the way i see it is you might as well have the tools that can do both you'd be gutted if you priced a big job up got it then when you turned up they wouldnt let you use your equipment on site, found this out the hard way when i went to do all the offices and buildings on a big chemical plant, i wasnt allowed to use a generator and they would only let me work off 110v

That's when you get both like I've got mucker...well I've actualy got 4 guttervacs as they are cheap as chips to buy now :Image13:

That's when you get both like I've got mucker...well I've actualy got 4 guttervacs as they are cheap as chips to buy now :Image13:
yeah ive got 2 now but if youre getting youre first one its best to stick to an all rounder my first one only had 38mm poles aswell load of **** in the winter when its wet n sticky moss blocks up very easily

The 32 amp 5 kva transformer I have weight is 30kg so that is not lite in my book. :Image16:

both of mine have got 3x individual motors and i can switch each one on separately so a 3.3kva could be used if running on 2 motors

Back