Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Stupid, Many Variables, It's How Hard You Work Money Question?

steele

It's a very personal question and difficult question to answer but Is it possible to earn up to £30,000 a year doing window cleaning?

Do you? I need some evidence so my family don't think I'm mad. I'm happy earn £20,000 as long as I can pay my mortgage.

Thanks, this forum has been amazing so far

C

The great thing with being a window cleaner is you can earn as little or as much as you want / need .

The sky is the limit in all honesty it may take you a while to build a round it may not its up to you how you do it

It depends on what you are driven by to how much you want to earn and how quickly .

Depends on method of cleaning, i dont know many wfp guys who earn less than £200 a day really.

More importantly i think i stand at around 4 lost days this year.

If you are trad you loose far more time due to weather.

30 k wont be or isn`t like earning it for someone else, you have all the out goings of the business and up keep of equipment too.

so if you want to take 30k a year home profit you need to be looking higher than this figure for actual turnover or don`t get caught like Ken Dodd and his fiddle stick.

It's a very personal question and difficult question to answer but Is it possible to earn up to £30,000 a year doing window cleaning?

Do you? I need some evidence so my family don't think I'm mad. I'm happy earn £20,000 as long as I can pay my mortgage.

C
ok - let me tell u - as a novice to window cleaning

I started last just a yr ago - and the first 6 months it was quite tough honestly - had a few customers only and I felt like a silly chicken driving the van around sometimes without any income /emoticons/smile.png

However - if you do a bit of advertising / marketing etc - you will see a big difference very soon . I still have room to expand my business - but I'm already happy with the hr rate - usually I get from £100 to £190 a day , and that's only 'cos I consider myself inexperienced .

I recon - most window cleaners who cleaned windows over 3-5 years - they 've got a good round and a £200 a day should be an average number @ 5 days a week - so yes I think 30k a year is achievable

C
Much better to let them think you are mad, then you cant lose - you want to ignore most views about window cleaning by people who haven’t done it – there views are usually based on misconception, and the worst thing you can do is start to build a business on any of those misconceptions – many do & do it for years.

If you are successful you’re not mad, but if you fail, they already think you are mad, but you will be mad to listen to them!

Richard

Think what somebody said earlier, same with any business you get out what you put in, you earn as little or as much as you want to. I think also being self employed and on your own, you need that belly of fire really.

Richard, you are as mad as a march hare :)
I will tell you what is mad; a couple a months ago I got talking to another window cleaner, he must have been in his late 80’s he was working with his son who was in his 50’s. It was interesting to talk to both of them and hear there story’s.

I agreed with most of the advice he was giving me – he talked about nothing but getting prices right & keeping up with changes & the cost of living – and how if he started again he would do it differently, but it was to late for him now, and he just does a bit of window cleaning with his son to keep himself busy.

Basically I was getting advice form a window cleaner with 60 years experience and the most important (only) advice he thought worth giving, was about pricing.

He had finally understood; you spend your 1st year (and the next 2 or 3 years if necessary) learning about pricing with window cleaning – then the future years be it 10, 20 or 30 plus years making money.

What you shouldn’t be doing is - continue to make £25k -£30k when you could be making £50k-£60k for doing exactly the same thing (window cleaning).

Richard

Back