Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Greetings From Derby.

jason78

Name : Jason

Cleaning Method : Trad

Years cleaning : 0

Area : Derby

Hi everybody,

I have been unemployed for six months, and so instead of applying for anymore jobs I have decided to try setting up a window cleaning business. Im ordering my kit today. im ordering the starter kit as mention in the sticky ( thanks for that) plus im getting a 5m pole and a wagtail kit. Im hoping to get as many second story windows done with out using ladders but ill see how that pans out when I start my practicing.

I am wondering how long you guys think I would need to practice before I go out and actually charge people? Do I just get on with it pretty much straight away or practice for a few days first?

Thanks in advance, Jason.

Hia Jason ya not too far from me either. Just do your own and maybe couple of friends or family for a few days. You'll know when ya ready but even then there's still a lot to learn.

That's what I had in mind dodger so its good to hear im on the right track. had a massive hiccup today but im going for this all the way. I was always obsessively watching the window cleaner that did my offices in my last job. I think that's where my eagerness to do this has stemmed from. plus the fact he spent 3 months a year in Thailand lol obviously pays off after a while.

Ello your not far from me either mate.

Before you get your kit check for a post for (fuming) under trad and send him a pm, he's just Ben let down by a mate.

Latest Posts

Back