Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is Having A Window Cleaner A Novelty For New Customers?

Tuffers

Biggest messers for me are the ones I've picked up just lately. Excuses are,

We agree every 8 weeks and after I clean the first time she says she'll ring when she wants them done again.

Agree 4 weekly and get text at 11pm saying go to 6 weekly.

Can you come on 13th July, instead of yesterday as having work done on house and it will finish on 10th July, b/s.

Agree a 4 weekly clean 10 weeks ago, still not been able to clean as she's waiting for a quote for some pointing to be done.

Having work done in garden, can you leave it 2 weeks. Get there, same garden.

I thought we agreed 4 weekly. We did agree 4 weekly. Why are you here after 3 weeks. ERM it's 4 weeks since last clean.

Starting to lose my patience with some of em!

We agree every 8 weeks and after I clean the first time she says she'll ring when she wants them done again.

Can you come on 13th July, instead of yesterday as having work done on house and it will finish on 10th July, b/s.

Agree a 4 weekly clean 10 weeks ago, still not been able to clean as she's waiting for a quote for some pointing to be done.

I thought we agreed 4 weekly. We did agree 4 weekly. Why are you here after 3 weeks. ERM it's 4 weeks since last clean.

I'd drop them, time is money and replace them with some quality custies.

Yeah your right, some really like the idea of a window cleaner, agree 4 weekly, then you come again, change to 8 weekly most will stick to that, others will say they will call when they need you..

They want a slave to to clean their windows for free whenever they feel like it :Image1:

Best way to weed out the messers is £25 - £30 quid first clean minimum... if they say no who cares, least you know their not really bothered.

I`m lucky i can do this now and saves me a lot of time and grief, If they say yes and then stop you time after least you made some money for the first clean even if it takes you an hour.

Best way to weed out the messers is £25 - £30 quid first clean minimum... if they say no who cares, least you know their not really bothered.

I`m lucky i can do this now and saves me a lot of time and grief, If they say yes and then stop you time after least you made some money for the first clean even if it takes you an hour.
same here it works alright , i told a good few to ring me when they want them done and i charge double and that suits as its worth your while , i put all the messing down to money getting tighter with this recession

Can understand the 4 weeks to 6 but the rest of excuses we all have to put up with a I'm afraid. It's bite yer lip & get on with it.

A new customer is an old customer as posh said you sometimes have to bite your lip but if they are rude bin them.

Don't forget Tuffers they hire you to clean their windows when they want them done not the other way around. :Image16:

Don't forget Tuffers they hire you to clean their windows when they want them done not the other way around. :Image16:
What i dont understand is that some of you window cleaners are failing to see what it is the customer wants!
almost on a daily basis posts like this appear on one forum or another!

What i dont understand is that some of you window cleaners are failing to see what it is the customer wants!
I don't fail to see what they want. They make an agreement then change it after one or two cleans.

Bugger me the fella I mentioned in the first thread who asked if I was coming too early put me on 6 weekly this morning.

I give up.

You are just providing a service so is up to you how you handle customer frequency.

Unless you have more work than you can cope with I suggest you fit customer requests in the best economical way you can so not to cost you time and money. As an example if you do others in the same street/area are 4 wkly and one household wants 6 weekly then maybe just give him/her the option 4 or 8 wkly.

To be honest I don't really work by frequency in weeks as prefer to go by calendar month myself. At least that way gives me more flexibility should bad weather or sickness stop me from working within that month.

Keep your chin up mucker as the saying goes ”theres nowt queerer than folk”. :Image9:

I don't fail to see what they want. They make an agreement then change it after one or two cleans.

Bugger me the fella I mentioned in the first thread who asked if I was coming too early put me on 6 weekly this morning.

I give up.
Tuffers it was not a dig mate! what i mean is customers are telling you they dont want a regular clean it is loud and clear to me!
Yes we would all like a cosy compact round were we have customers having their windows cleaned on a regular basis? but that is not what the customer wants!

like it or not you have to give the customer what they want not what we want they hold the cash and we want it!

Lost me there mate as customers have the right to change their minds and do not need to give a reason either. Not unless you want to get them to sign a legal contract then most would ignor that too :Image13:

Lost me there mate as customers have the right to change their minds and do not need to give a reason either. Not unless you want to get them to sign a legal contract then most would ignor that too :Image13:
smurf what i mean is by customers changing how often they are having their windows cleaned is a sure sign they dont want them cleaned on a regular basis!

I would like to know how these customers have been picked up?
possible they have been dumped by another cleaner! stay with you for so long then start changing how often they want them cleaned just like they did with their last cleaner!

Indeed James but you can't read ppls minds can you?

They can say one thing then on the next visit say something else. Now old folk and/or dementia customers can be quite a challenge at times to say the least.

smurf what i mean is by customers changing how often they are having their windows cleaned is a sure sign they dont want them cleaned on a regular basis!

Indeed James but you can't read ppls minds can you?

They can say one thing then on the next visit say something else. Now old folk and/or dementia customers can be quite a challenge at times to say the least.
Agree smurf! but looking at window cleaning as a whole it is becoming more and more of a adhoc cleaning service just like gutters/conservatories etc:
Years ago compact rounds were the norm but theses are becoming more and more rare these days!

any newcomer starting today will find it very difficult to build a round up like someone did say 10 years ago

Back