Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drinking Water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor62

I am aware that it is not advisable to drink your purified water if it has been past through the resin DI, but is it safe to drink if only past through the RO?

I wouldn't because most systems won't be cleaned of bacteria etc.
Ok, I guess I will be buying bottle water to drink :Image12: .

Just on another note, If you are only cleaning solar panels then there's no need to purify the water?

Just on another note, If you are only cleaning solar panels then there's no need to purify the water?
No I always use pure water. For a start the panels won't dry perfect and pure water cleans better.

There is every reason to purify water for solar panels. Mineral deposits left behind from tap water will detrimentally affect the performance of the panels.

No I always use pure water. For a start the panels won't dry perfect and pure water cleans better.
There is every reason to purify water for solar panels. Mineral deposits left behind from tap water will detrimentally affect the performance of the panels.
But surely after a rain fall isn't all the mineral deposit returned?

You can't compare rain water to tap water bud. For a start rain water doesn't contain chlorine.

Back