Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diesel -V- Petrol Pressure Washer?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shrew

Hi Guys

I may have a big job coming up which if I get it would mean I'll have to buy another pressure washer and take someone on short term to get it done.

I've got a 200 bar 13 lpm diesel unit with turbo nozzle at the moment which is great but I'm undecided whether to get a petrol pressure washer for my second machine.

Diesel seems a good choice as it runs at lower revs therefore less wear and tear on the machine and is cheaper on fuel. But the petrol washers seem to be cheaper to buy.

Anyone out there got any advice on which would be a better set up to get, petrol or diesel and why?

I'm looking to spend up to £700ish and hopefully get the same bar and lpm as I do at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

You will not get a decent new honda petrol or diesel washer for just 700 squid.

Maybe best search fleebay to see if you can pickup something suitable

Hi Smurf

Doesnt have to be a Honda (although it would be nice). I've heard Loncin are pretty good.. Just really wanting to know if anyone out there has any opinions on which is better...petrol or diesel.

I can get hold of red diesel so running costs would be lower than petrol. Just wondered if people had pros and cons for each??

I've not used a diesel myself so can't comment really apart from the obvious - diesel powered washers tend to be heavier also if you can use red diesel will be cheaper to run than petrol.

Those Loncin 14hp washers are thursty beasts so best you stick to another diesel methinks.

I've not used a diesel myself so can't comment really apart from the obvious - diesel powered washers tend to be heavier also if you can use red diesel will be cheaper to run than petrol.

Those Loncin 14hp washers are thursty beasts so best you stick to another diesel methinks.
Red diesel is designed for agricultural or construction vehicles such as tractors, excavators, cranes and some other non-road applications such as boats...

So no, you couldn't use this for jet washing, and I think you have to be registered or licence I don't know the ins and out of this though.

I can run my heatwave on red if I really wanted to.

If he was driving the pressure washer to the job then no you couldn't use red diesel, but if you don't drive it on the road its fine.

Hi I think its fine using red diesel but the filters might need cleaning slightly more often as it isnt as clean as the normal stuff.

I think I will stick to another diesel Smurf as I can really see any benefits from using a petrol machine. Apart from the initial purchase cost which seems lower on petrol models.

Yeah initially, purchase costs of the petrol are low, but the running costs high. I suppose its all about whether you can balance the cost. What did you go for in the end?

Cheers thepowerwasher.

Will be going for a diesel for sure but not certain of model. Decision is being put on the back burner till next Spring as things are going a bit quiet now..

Back