Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To Those Starting Up Window Cleaning...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rjacandwc

To those starting up Window Cleaning... If you live in a Village, Town or City and are unable to drive like me... Do not be put off by anyone.... I am in my third year now. I work solely for myself, I keep it simple and save on fuel.... When I first started out many people said it wouldn't work and it was only my customers and members of this forum who encouraged me... It can be done. So, go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I thought it would be nice to share a picture of my set up with you. I have two trailers now and I cover a town roughly four miles squared.... Just keep going and keep building at a nice gradual pace and you will succeed... Good Luck.... :)

View attachment 1965

Question: Do the ladders ever catch the back of your legs ??

Only if I ride like a nutcase and take a corner too sharp lol.... but, If I pace along nicely all works well. I have been saving the £2 coins and when I have enough of them I am thinking of investing in an Electric Fold-Up Bike.... The trailer was from Argos/Homebase at a cost of £100... I had to modify it to carry the ladders, it worked well for a year with one trailer so I thought get another. I have one trailer one end of town and another at the other end of town. It gets a few heads turning lol. But.... that's life lol.... I do not use a Bucket anymore. I use a Sprayer on a Belt (Unger Belt System) and a 1 and half ltr bottle (Keep the applicater wet!) and use outside taps etc... This system was suggested on this here forum by: DJ Scrim and i find it an excellent way of working....

"Yes" I will put my name, logo etc on the side of the trailer when i get a spare moment.... I have recent added " Chequered Plate to what was a wooden base, added Locks and used some cheap pipe lagging to stop the ladder clanging about....

Looks good mate! I cant drive either and do this too! however i have built a wfp set up in mine, just trying to get around to getting signage on it!

it certainly gets the heads turning!

Wow, looks great. I'd advise to stay away from electric bikes. I'm a keen cyclist and have only heard horror stories about them specially when it comes to servicing them.

I'd advise to get a bike with at least 26" wheels, you'll find it easier on hills and better to maintain speed than the smaller wheels you have. You also seem like a tall bloke and a larger frame would really help you get a full leg extension making the riding lots easier.

Impressed with your set up, keep up the good work

Colin

Respect mate. Shinytime I would love to see some pics of your setup as I was thinking of doing this too?

Back