Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Wfp

tench0771

had a few windows spotting in the sun think water drying 2 quick , does a hot water system make any diffrence ie less spotting on a realy hot day ,had 2 go over some of them 3 times till they came rite.

will try that to moz dont wana shel out for a hot water system yet guna get 1 4 winter maby this year it dont get that cold down south so ant shore if its a wast of cash i hear u can get them gas ones 4 under £400

Was that a one-off/first clean?

Hot/warn water will help a bit on tough crud on frames, seals and glass but unless you scrub & rinse down the frames and glass properly especially on hydrophobic glass could still get drips/spot marks no matter what the weather is like.

I tend to use a higher flow rate on hot days be it mostly cold or warm water I'm using which seems to works well for me.

hay smurf bin cleaning this house for a wile now only 2 top windows spoted never had a prob with them b 4 was realy hot yesterday tho ,glass not hydrophobic sheets realy nce i have my water set at 60 on my purefreedom flow controler maby i should slow down a bil lol.

Are they dg upvc windows and do they have vents and top openers etc?

If so could be a number of things to name a few like:

dirt from top of frames getting wet and dripping down if not cleaned/rinsed properly

vents dripping

rubber seals leaching black and/or old soap/dirt

frames drpping (inc internal drainage holes)

Would say your high flow rate might be contributing to the issues too so try turnig it down to say 40 instead.

Hope this helps?

hay smurf bin cleaning this house for a wile now only 2 top windows spoted never had a prob with them b 4 was realy hot yesterday tho ,glass not hydrophobic sheets realy nce i have my water set at 60 on my purefreedom flow controler maby i should slow down a bil lol.

no vents on them 2 windows or openers just 2 lng windows ,funy u say about water flow had a job in dawlish that keeped leaving long streeks from top of glass rubber turnd water down an hay presto no streeks will turn flow down an c how i get on to moz .

will try that to moz dont wana shel out for a hot water system yet guna get 1 4 winter maby this year it dont get that cold down south so ant shore if its a wast of cash i hear u can get them gas ones 4 under £400
Mine cost about £110

Heater of ebay new £70

Gas was about £30

Gas bottle was £5

Few conectors about £5

i started using a 13kg bottle, then looked to get a smaller 6kg one. Cost of them was annoying me, £31 here for a 13kg. So I bought a Gaslow refillable, with an adapter to connect it to a regular looking LPG filler on the side of my van. Local BP has LPG, and I refill the 6kg gaslow bottle for about £8. That is about £12 cheaper than rip-off Calor.

OK, there is a bad point, which is the initial cost £165 (£115 for the bottle and £50 for the adapter) but I refill it at least once a month, and I use it when camping and for barbeques at home, so it's paid for itself. Plus the convenience of not having to lug the thing into a shop all the time

that sounds gud an cheep to re fill.is it true hot water has higher desolving capacity than cold or do u think it is sales talk i no it cleans beta an shifts baked on dirt easer an drys quicker.

Back