Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oops!

Smurf

Yesterday was going so well and I even went out to give a quote a 7pm. As it was lovley and cool I said to the customer as agreed on the £65 price I could clear the guttering while I was there. Customer agreed so an hour and a half later job done.

Must admit it was lovely to not work in the blazing heat so may continue to work evenings like that. Anyhow to cut a long story short on the way home I got pulled up by a police car.

Darn was I speeding I thought as I pulled over to the curb - can you guess what they said?

Was close belfast with the old man bit as I forgot to renew my mot that ran out 2 months ago. Van is now in the local garage getting one done...Oops! :Image13:

Fingers crossed hopefully it will pass so I can get on with some work today.

So the £65 I got for doing that extra job yesterday evening is now going to pay for the £60 fixed penalty ticket...Oh deep joy :Image3:

There goes that five squid and a lot more as my van needs some work doing for the mot....

Looking on the bright side I will be having the day off and if I get it back before 6pm will pop out to do some more quotes in the cool :Image13:

£5 gets you nothing these days lol

unlucky on the van mate, at least they didn't take the van off you!

Hope its not needing to much work, i know the feeling of when work needs doing lol.

lol @ the playground comment

Thanks cns.... only costing 217 squid inc mot cert so should have it back tonight. :Image9:

Thankfully I was stopped so don't mind paying the fine either to be honest as like my misses said after she stopped laughing "you senile old fool what if you were involved in a prang then your insurance would have probably not paid out".

Was close belfast with the old man bit as I forgot to renew my mot that ran out 2 months ago. Van is now in the local garage getting one done...Oops! :Image13:
Fingers crossed hopefully it will pass so I can get on with some work today.

So the £65 I got for doing that extra job yesterday evening is now going to pay for the £60 fixed penalty ticket...Oh deep joy :Image3:
Did exactly the same last week. I can go one better though. My van and motorbike both ran out of MOT. Double oops, I didn't get nabbed though :)

Yep its easily done tuffers…

So glad I’m not the only one but at least you realised so got it sorted before you got stopped. :Image9:

Some funny comments on this one lol. These things happen smurfy , hope you can get back to work mate

Latest Posts

Back