Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fungicidal Wash

can any one recommend a good fungicide wash for patios's and roofs as iv tried a few and not over the moon with them and looking fo something bit stronger

i regularly use chloras , its brilliant on stubborn stains , dont let it next or near glass as it can permanently etch the glass and i believe a nightmare to get off , it can be got in your local farming suppliers or co op , ive never used it on a slate roof as id be afraid of it bleeching the slates , id recommend testing it in a discreet area before using on tiled roofs

im sure that stuff is good rc but i wouldnt fancy paying 20 plus vat when chloras costs me 20 euros for a 25 litre drum

reason im asking is when i brought my fsc the man who sold it me was saying he was having problems with sealants so as a alternative he now uses fungicide wash he gave me the name but iv since forgot as this was a while back iv tried a few since but not much good, when iv previously used it i have done so according to the instructions on the link (diluted sprayed on area then washed off) but the guy i was speaking to said he cleans the area then sprays fungicide on and leaves it to dry he offers this every 6 months or so to keep in contact with customer which is what im looking into doing, do you no if its suitable for that application ?

ive a few customers that i go to once twice a year and spray the area with the chloras and its good for 6 months , try it you wont be dissapointed , its great for killing the algae growth on concrete drives etc and patios

when powerwashing always look out for shaded damp areas as these are prone to algae growth , i always spray these areas after powerwashing and it keeps it away long enough for the customer not to complain

sound you just answered me next question lol, so just to confirm you use it as a pre-treatment then start the p wash then on area's prone to algae you use it as after treatment aswell, when used as a after treatment do you let it dry or leave it for a few minutes then rinse off?

powerwash first then treat the area and leave to soak in , dont rinse off , what size washer are you using to drive the fsc

loncin 14hp 15ltr per min 200 bar got it from jetmac a while back it aint no honda but i must say i do like and it hasnt missed a beat so far so cant complain.

iv gave up with the fsc as it kept leaving rings so id have to go really slow which meant i was faster with the turbo nozzle, i think the turbo's a lot more thorough anyways me self

yeah ive 2 loncins and find them very reliable , they say you need a minium of 20lpm to run a fsc but tbh i havent heard anyone recommend a fsc except for decking cleaning so il stick to the turbo nozzle

FSC are no use unless you have 21lpm pump, I do have one and even then im happier using my turbo, some lads reduce the jets on there FSC but this is a quick way to knacker your pump.

I use chloras after I PW, I stopped pre treating any areas really apart from roughcast.

Back