Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website Opinions....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Solar Steve

Hi everyone!

I'm very excited, we have overhauled our solar panel cleaning website! There are still a couple of formatting tweaks and other bits and bobs to be done, but they will be done shortly.

For those who are interested, you can check it out here: www.solar-panel-cleaners.com

Constructive observations are welcome.

Thanks!

Very good I liked you why section good read
Thanks Mark. It's a popular page, so popular, it has been copied, pasted, and removed from about 20 other websites over the last year! Cheeky beggars! I now protect all of my web pages from copy and paste with a google recognised bit of programming. Google slams the website down the rankings from anyone who copy and pastes now! Yay!!!

looks good, Just a few thoughts. The header image is way too big in my opinion, i think more should be readable before you have to scroll. i also prefer social media icons/links at the top.

Videos? As solar panel cleaning is not commonly understood by all, I think a video would be a great addition on the front page. Hosted on youtube this could also bring in traffic to your site.

I found a dead link on the "why?" page. The case study link does not work.

I had a look at your other sites, they all look really good. How well do they perform on google? Much traffic? Conversion to customers?

Keep up the good work

Colin

looks good, Just a few thoughts. The header image is way too big in my opinion, i think more should be readable before you have to scroll. i also prefer social media icons/links at the top.
Videos? As solar panel cleaning is not commonly understood by all, I think a video would be a great addition on the front page. Hosted on youtube this could also bring in traffic to your site.

I found a dead link on the "why?" page. The case study link does not work.

I had a look at your other sites, they all look really good. How well do they perform on google? Much traffic? Conversion to customers?

Keep up the good work

Colin
Hi Colin. Thanks for your observations. There are still some tweaks to be done with the homepage format.
We are editing videos at the moment, they will be added soon.

Thanks for letting me know about the dead link, I will get that sorted.

My window cleaning website was consistently page one, rank one on Google for about 8 years. Then came the Penguin update and for reasons we still don't know, it got a battering. We have been working on it recently and it is back up to page two. But with so much competition, on page two you may as well be invisible. Who looks on page two? Not many. The site gets about 300 unique visitors a month.

The All Around site is about 18 months old and is P1 R1 for many search terms but is on P1 for all the relevant search terms. It gets about 350 unique visitors a month.

The solar panel cleaning site is 12 months old, that's before it's recent overhaul. It generates about 850 unique visitors per month.

I average a success rate of about 8 out of 10 enquiries, which I think is a good margin.

Back