Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help With Glass Scratching

Twhite

Ok so picked up a new custy a few months ago as her old window cleaner seemed to be leaving faint scratches on the glass now I've been doing them for these past few months and everything has been fine until today where she noticed one or two faint new scratches?????? I always make sure my brush is clean and always run my hand through it to make sure nothing in there so why are these coming up I also do these windows very carefully as there very tempamental cheap PVC with those nasty stick on PVC middle frame bars.... But she can't get my head around it is it something I'm doing no one else have ever brought this to my attention please help

if you haven't scraped them to clean them with a scrapper, or stones in brush, glass could be knackered, try trading them or don't clean them

Noticeable from only inside there like a inch scratch here and there but like I said her only window cleaner when he was doing them they started coming up badly then nothing the few months I've been doing them until now :-/ I'd say the houses are about 10-12 years old

Problem is WFP strips off dirt, etc etc etc.

Trad can fill in scratches over time we have noticed due to the layer of film it produces.

We have deffo noticed this.

ive had a few faint scratches on some windows i wrk by the sea lots of salt on glass im convinced its the sharp salt that does it, an some glass seems to b realy soft an easy to scratch i polished a small window a few months ago an there was a cupple small scratches very faint tho that was new glass 0nly 12 months old or so.

I think either damo or bluemonkey is right but either way i'd make her sign a scratch waver or drop her because if not you could find yourself looking at paying for a whole lot of new glass if she decides to get arsey about it.

Back