Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Size A Frame Ladder?

paulio

Hi guys. I'm Looking to buy a double A frame ladder but not sure what size to go for. At the moment i use a normal open ended extension ladder which is 10 rungs i believe. its been okay for me 99% of the time, but lately i'm picking up more houses with the little slanted roofs under the first floor windows that i cant get to with the normal ladder.

what size A frames do you guys use? Would a 13 rung double "A" be long enough? that seems to be the biggest on midland ladders.

Cheers Paul.

i would keep ur small ladder an buy a 30 ft pole an back pack, wfp the high stuff m8. or if u dont like wfp buy a triple extender at least u no it will b big enough an u dont have 2 use the hole thing take a section off .

i have a 3m tripple and a 3.1 meter double on my van and i use the double for 95% of the ladder work i do it will reach gutters or stretch over sloped roofs but as tench said might be worth getting a little wfp system for the more difficult windows and just beg a bit of water off another windy rather than making your own

if u have soft water u only need di i have dubble 6.8 liter di set up very cheep defo start with back pack an 5 25 l drums then if u get on with it u will start wfp in more an more an end up wanting a tank system u need to buy a tds meater test ur water mine is 70 ish ppm so no need for ro .

Yea I know the WFP route is there but not really wanting to get into it just yet. Just after some advice on the size of A frames people use really.

ive never used an a fraim m8 so ant got a clue my ladder is in need of replacement soon so may try one, my m8 loves his said he would never go bk to normal again.

Back