Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Trolleys For Beginners

stuvy

Hi guys

Im looking to purchase my first trolley but dont know where to start!

After seeing the prices for some of them on here and online im very tempted to make my own.

Does anyone have any opinions on a good low price starter trolley?

Lastly im a complete noob when it comes to pure water. Im going to have a google and look on here(unless anyone can post a link to a thread). In the past I've just used my bosses reserve tank to fill up the van and 25ltr containers for trad work.

If it helps I live in a hard water area.

As kips says, Get a bag pack and pole, a few 25L drums and a good trolley which can take 50KG.

then depending on PPM get a di or ro.

If you are building,

Pump,

12V Battery

Tool Box

Drum

Pole

Hose

Small hose reel

Trolley

That will give you a pretty good trolley for under £230

Hi guys

Im looking to purchase my first trolley but dont know where to start!

After seeing the prices for some of them on here and online im very tempted to make my own.

Does anyone have any opinions on a good low price starter trolley?

Lastly im a complete noob when it comes to pure water. Im going to have a google and look on here(unless anyone can post a link to a thread). In the past I've just used my bosses reserve tank to fill up the van and 25ltr containers for trad work.

If it helps I live in a hard water area.
Hello mate. If it is of any interest to you, I will shortly be putting my Polar Brite DI trolley up for sale as I have now gone van mounted?

Shine window cleaning you have a pm

Thank you kips and shinytime

Kips I will look into that back pack as it has been one of about 5/6 that iv seen

Shinytime what's the difference between RO and Di ?

Shine window cleaning you have a pm

Thank you kips and shinytime

Kips I will look into that back pack as it has been one of about 5/6 that iv seen

Shinytime what's the difference between RO and Di ?
DI basically means you fill straight from your tap as you go along- ideal, cheap and straightforward if you are starting up, but more costly with resin long term if you are in a hard water area (depending how much water you use).
RO basically means you filter the water yourself(normally in a large storage tank at home or in van)- more expensive to purchase initially and with wasted water costs, but cheaper on resin usage long term.

DI - is only really suitable if your PPM is under 50-60 otherwise it is going to cost you alot of money in the long run, you just plug in your water supply to the DI vessel and then plug in your tank at the other side, as the water goes through it passes through the resin and purifys the water.

For 25KG of resin just now on window cleaning warehouse it is £58.00, that would last me probably 6-7 months with my 7L DI. My PPM is 26.

You can also double DI when your first vessels output PPM increases put another DI in after, the first one witht he HIGH PPM output will take down the waters impuritys and the second one will polish it off taking it down to 0PPM. This will allow your resin to last longer.

RO- This is made up of several filters normally 4-5. I dont use this personally as the DI is cost effective but if you lived in a hard water area an RO is much more cost effective. They will cost you between £150 for a little 50GPD, fine if you just had a little 125L Tank, to £500-600 for a decent 450GPD.

Sorry for being thick what does PPM reference?

I do live in a hard water area so Im tempted to try a Di unit then as suggested go to a double filter set up until I can afford to uprade to an RO set up. Unless you think I will be pouring water down the drain as long with cash that is!

Do you think I will be better off going straight for RO then?

Im going to do a Ph test this week to see what our water is

Its not a pH test you need mate. You need a tds meter, the reading on that will be the ppm of your tap water. Until you have that you can't say which way you'll need to go mate.

brilliant il have order one today and check iit hopefully tomorrow or saturday

Shame as iv got a ph test kit for the fish tank!

gardeners do a cheep back pack ive got the wcw one an thats bril i wouldent bother with trollie my self back packs are not very heavy u save a lot of water with them i just leave mine on ground an move it when needed.

how much water do you get through with it?

Is that used solely on the ups or do you use it on the downs too?

Lastly what price did it you pay for it?

i think wcw one is about £100 i have a van mount so only use it for odd jobs where at takes to mch time unrealing hose i can do a a small house top an bottom windows just but i do like a gud flow rate tho full blast lol .gardener do a cheeper back pack ,i used to have a pure freedon trollie an hated it back pack much easer m8.

Mine is about 200/300 ish. Thing to consider with an RO system is water pressure, has a big effect on how much water you'll be able to filter per hour

Back