Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Di Vessel

evo343

hi guys, im new to all this and have a couple of questions, I am currently installing a di only system in my van. what's the best position for the DI? is it before the tank, i.e fill the tank through the vessel or after the tank i.e pump the tank through the vessel and into the brush? I've seen both mentioned but wandered which is best. also what's the best way to mount the di vessel in the van, I've seen mounting brackets online like this http://www.windowcleaningsupplies.net/product/Brodex-Steel-DI-Bottle-locating-bracket-8-inch-655 but why are they so expensive?! is there a cheaper one or different method you all use?

cheers

(will probably have a lot more questions along the way)

as for mounting you could use a block of wood and a small ratchet strap then its secure but easy to move should you need to

sorry i cant help the other question as im super new too!

hay m8 i filter my water b for it goes in tank saves space an saves carrying extra whight any thing to save on fuel lol.

if you filter after your tank then you can full tank up while your out at customers houses,

whats your tap water ppm

Hi, we have recently been in the same situation and decided, for us, we would fill the tank first, then run through DI vessel. We strapped the DI vessel securely to our tank frame as it's not going anywhere!

I'm hoping to get a few pictures and I'll post them when I get a chance. I'm sure someone on here will help. Good luck.

with di in van u drain battory quicker 2 cos pump has 2 suck water throu di extra strain on pump an battory, deffo beter filtering b 4 tank i think.

cheers for the responses guys. looking like I will fill the tank through the di then not have to worry about carrying the vessel around and how to strap it down. plus save a bit of weight too, every little helps. lets just hope putting the kit together is as simple as it looks and sounds. very rare that things run smoothly though.

as for the RO setup, its something I may consider in future but as I live in the west of wales im led to believe im in soft water area and therefore there will not be much benefit, although I may look at a twin DI setup.

If your water is so say soft will still cost more in resin than using a ro/di static setup.

Other benefits of using a small ro/di static setup is you can make pure at home whilst you’re out working, Also knowing that the water when transferred into your van tank is always going to be pure if monitored correctly. If just using a di system the resin can be exhausted very quickly so can end up with high ppm in your van tank that then has to go through another di tank in the van to polish it off as your use it .

For high daily usage of water and/or to produce water on demand onsite on large jobs then fitting a 4040 RO/DI system into a van might be a better option.

Well that's just my thoughts anyways...

Im with smurf on this one.......

Di will always cost more.....

I have ro and small di into a ibc tank at home.

I spend less the £25. A year running it.

ok, so even with the soft water its still going to be worth getting RO then. something I will have to look at in the near future. any recommendations? and best place to buy. I bought the DI system from Purefreedom. I am right in think that tap water will pass through thr RO into a holding tank, then pump from the holding tank, through a DI into my van tank. or do you pass tap water through RO and DI into holding tank. then pump straight to van when needed.

another question is, the leisure battery came with a charger and some leads to connect to van battery for on the move charging. so which is better. im guessing permanently connecting to the van battery will be best but how long will it take to charge from the plug in charger if its not connected to the van battery and how long will it last before it needs re charging? will it need recharging daily?

So for so many questions, but you don't know unless you ask.

First of all you need a tds metre to check how soft your tap water is. Its the parts per million (ppm)

Anything between 000 and 500.

Lower the reading the better. Mines 150 and I use ro.

If u have space in shed/garage then ibc 1000litre is a must. There about a metre squire.

Then I purify water into it though ro and di.

Mine takes about 3 days to fill left on.

You can get ro from pure freedom pretty cheap.

Then I use cheapest submersible pump from tool station with 3 years guarantee. £35. Max.

As for split charge relay I used one for 2 years and never let me down and and never ran out of charge. Then it stopped working so bought a new one buy never got it working properly. So now I

Take battery out van after work and charge it. Its only takes a couple of hours.

Hope this helps.

First of all you need a tds metre to check how soft your tap water is. Its the parts per million (ppm)

Anything between 000 and 500.

Lower the reading the better. Mines 150 and I use ro.

If u have space in shed/garage then ibc 1000litre is a must. There about a metre squire.

Then I purify water into it though ro and di.

Mine takes about 3 days to fill left on.

You can get ro from pure freedom pretty cheap.

Then I use cheapest submersible pump from tool station with 3 years guarantee. £35. Max.

As for split charge relay I used one for 2 years and never let me down and and never ran out of charge. Then it stopped working so bought a new one buy never got it working properly. So now I

Take battery out van after work and charge it. Its only takes a couple of hours.

Hope this helps.
certainly does help. cheers.

however with my purefreedom setup it includes the pump and controller, it says the controller has the connections to connect to the van battery, which then automatically charges the leisure battery as im driving. has anybody else got this, is it as simple as that. im about to connect it up anyway as all the wiring is ready to connect. ill keep the plug in charger ready incase.

Bungle....get it connected properly :Image13:

I got one if them controllers too. Buy some crocodile clips to connect to the van battery. Quite simple to wire, all colour coded.

ive just bought a two way battery terminal so will hook the leisure battery up to the van in the morning and then hopefully 'hey presto'. although at the moment the leisure battery is strapped under the passenger seat with a ratchet strap. ideally I would want to mount it properly under the seat, anybody know the best place to get a battery mount/clamp/strap? haven't had chance to look yet, haldords may have them.

Back