Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carrying Water In Van

mufcglen

my little transit has plenty of room in and im thinking of getting a plastic 25 ltr carrier for spare water, is it a good idea to do this and would it help to boil the water from the kettle first to sort of purify it?

i aleays have a barrel of tap water in my van to top up my bucket cold in the summer but warm in the winter helps stop water freezing on the glass

How else do you carry water to your jobs ?

I have a 25lt jerry can, I fill it from the cold bath tap but only about half way full to save weight. I use a traditional shaped bucket and fill it about half way from the jerry can and I only really need to top up my water once a day and so this last's me two or three days.

Mart.

lol cheers guys, i was just thinking about boiling it to cool down and have it fresh stored in the bottle unless i can purify it like the wfp guys, im thinking it will help give te windows a better job and wont leave a bad finish if i miss anywhere? or am i just worrying about the finish too much and wasting my time and just stick to fairy liquid and a good detail finish!

Soon as you add soap to pure water it's no longer pure so totally no point in using it for trad work methinks ...

Yep 1 glass of pure 0ppm then added one drop of ecover washing up liquid - result = 109 ppm of soapy water :Image16:

True smurf but there's still none of the other stuff in pure but then if you've squeegeed it right that's a moot point anyway I suppose. I do still do all my trad work with rain though needs less soap than tap and better glide I reckon.

Will have to give that a try then dodger. Nice one :Image9:

Your never to old to learn new tricks folks

Back