Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

More Questions From A Newbie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

evo343

I said id have more questions for you. I have fitting everything into my van without a hitch so far. now its all in how have you guys fixed/mounted your leisure batteries. is the best bet to buy a battery mount/clamp. or are there any clever diy methods.

secondly how do you stop stuff sliding around on the floor of the van, im mainly talking about the 100m hose and reel. could nail a simple wooden frame around the base of the reel into the plylined floor? ratchet strap? although I tried this, and the akward shape meant it never really got tight enough to secure it. or are there any clamps to hold it down when on the move.

thirdly, the purefreedom kit came with an external port, for connecting the hose without needing to leave the door open. I haven't used this, but have kept it for future installation. do any of you use these? or isn't there really any point? don't particularly want to be cutting a hole in the floor.

finally (for now) if you have any handy tips for storage ideas, i.e hooks, pole holders, brush holders etc, looking for cheap/free options as want to keep costs down.

get some various size storage hooks got a few in my van they hold anything from a bag of scrims to poles and even got a small pair of steps hanging nicely from the roof

This is a hook from B&Q. Quite a few of them scattered around my van. I hold 2 poles up with them too.

IMAG0307_zps1f3f1c82.jpg

This is how my reel is secured. Cheap and nasty haha.

IMAG0306_zps93eb212d.jpg

My reel is secured with a wooden frame screwed to the floor. It just slots in and never moves.

For the poles, I have attached a piece of batten to the roof running from rear to front. Before screwing it in place I threaded a piece of hose over some strong wire and formed this into a hoop. I made two and attached one each end of the batten.

The pole just slides in and is protected by the hose. Cheap and works well.

For the poles, I have attached a piece of batten to the roof running from rear to front. Before screwing it in place I threaded a piece of hose over some strong wire and formed this into a hoop. I made two and attached one each end of the batten.

The pole just slides in and is protected by the hose. Cheap and works well.
I like the sound of that. I always try to diy it rather than buy it.

also like the look of them hooks from B&Q, will have to have a trip up there to get some

Bungee cords from the roof then slide the pole into the first one(behind passenger seat depending on van size) and secure the rear of the pole by clipping it upto the roof near rear light. Used this method in my old bosses transit and when I used to do gardening we kept strimmers secured like that too

And try bungee cords to hold the hose reel

One van had a full steel bulkhead factory fit item the transit had a custom mesh that I welded up myself a welder/fabricator wouldn't charge you that much to make one up

Back