Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Top Of A Ladder Nerves Today.............

nwcs

been climbing ladder since i was 16, window cleaning,

at 17 i was working for a tv aerial company installing them

at 18 started window cleaning company and at 20 sold it , big money..!! went to live abroad for a year.

at 21 started again window cleaning round, new area part time,

at 22 worked for flag pole company, still did windows on weekend

25 got job at sky installing satellites, still did my round weekends

27 left sky and concentrated on my window cleaning business

all the time used ladders without a problem, although i would only go on roofs with a cat ladder

at 35 moved over to wfp but still did gutter jobs by hand with no problems and cant say ive ever fallen of a ladder

yesterday decided to paint my fascia, had to borrow a big set of triple ladders to do the side apex of my house as my triples didn't reach

well i got up there and sh**t myself, so i came back down and did front of house with no problem at all,

today i went to do side again and got to the top of the ladder and craped myself, it wasn't that i felt the ladder was unsafe or would move,

it was just the height,

came back down and finished the front at gutter level and was fine,

anyone else had this ?????

watching this didn't help last night

Yep i can agree with you on this.

Been roofing since the age of 18 (now 44) used ladders of all heights, but now anything above gutter height and just dont feel safe. Even if the ladder has no way of falling, i still hate being up 3 floors.

I think as we get older we see the danger more, have kids etc etc. Ive always been safe, but when i think of the heights i have worked at, carrying 50 kilo rolls of felt and chippings up three floors. Buckets of hot bitumen (200 degrees hot) So climbed with one hand.......makes my hands sweat thinking of it now!!

Another reason for me going down the whole WFP route :)

i seen that vid before and jezuz all i think about is what if he fell lol .
That video is unreal.when there free clumbing on the out side...... and when he stands on the top.

I get vertigo just watching it.

Yep the older you get the more you think about safety but some like the 84 year old builder painting a apex on a bay fronted property I do which both happens to be customer of mine. The old boy has been doing unsafe things all his life and will never change his ways.

When I arrived at the farm house he was at the top of an old metal wobbly scaffold tower working from just one plank leaning right out to get to the apex wall above the bay windows.

At least by the time I worked my way to his house 2 hours later he walk through the door unharmed Thank god as he owed me money for the last clean :Image13:

Yep i can agree with you on this.

Been roofing since the age of 18 (now 44) used ladders of all heights, but now anything above gutter height and just dont feel safe. Even if the ladder has no way of falling, i still hate being up 3 floors.

I think as we get older we see the danger more, have kids etc etc. Ive always been safe, but when i think of the heights i have worked at, carrying 50 kilo rolls of felt and chippings up three floors. Buckets of hot bitumen (200 degrees hot) So climbed with one hand.......makes my hands sweat thinking of it now!!

Another reason for me going down the whole WFP route :)

Yep dodger...The mind boggles how some ppl are fearless like that. Just imagine trying to rescue a worker on that thing if he got sick and/or hurt himself

:Image13:

Hmmmm...Now where did I put that screwdriver? Oh sod it I've left it in the van :Image13:

Yep had no probs with it as kid...young man...up n down no worries now going pass 6ft makes me feel ill but I av come of b4 and thinks that played on me mind n put me off for life also after that i got stuck when i got to the top but couldnt move just held on for dear life loll at to talk myself in to coming back down. Never been to the top since and as years went on got wost to the point where 6/7ft is enuff for me tho if i really had to i think i could. Lol ...or mayb it's as u get older tho I'm only 40 so not that old I don't think lol

That video made me feel seasick :Image1: but once your above 30ft if u fall your time here is usually over I would guess, the higher u are just gives u more time thinking about it before your sudden stop at the end.That guy would have a long time to think about it if he fell from there :Image11:

Latest Posts

Back