Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sos Crazy Van Insurance

harvey69

hello everyone. I would really appreciate some opinions and advice from you guys! I've just passed my driving test and was actually on the look out for a nice little van to buy in order to get started as window cleaner. The bombshell came this morning when I found out the cheapest van insurance for the job would be :£9000 a year !!!!!! Ok now I knew it wouldn't come cheap ! But I didn't expect it to be that much lol . As a newbie I would have to clean quite a few windows to get that money back lol. How did you guys get started at the beginning ? any alternatives to that pricy insurance ? Or should I just throw the towel? Any help very welcome . many thanks. Cheers. Harvey

theres a good few windys that use cars , even if your using a wfp a trolley system and 25l barrels is manageable and plenty of room for some trad gear as well , if your already contemplating throwing in the towel you might need to ask yourself are you self motivated enough and disiplined to be self employed as you will get plenty of knocks for the first few years .

Hi mate check out To those starting up window cleaning rjacandwc in traditional window cleaning forum and good luck

This may help you out, my step son passed his test and went onto a pass plus scheme and apparently that's equivalent to 2 years NCB.

Hope it helps

9000 is scandalous.. How in the world can they expect people to pay that... And if you don't have an accident.. Insurance company making a fortune off innocent people!!

Shop around.. Find the cheapest, then tell them You have been offered insurance for £2000, ask can they beat it!

Or, could you get someone else to insure it, mum or dad, and go on their policy as a second driver? That's how I started when I first passed test..

Back