Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

High Tds Reading

WCF

Help Support WCF:

garry

hi all, i changed myt resin 4 days ago but its reading 17 already, 38 before it goes into the resin when its usually 20. ive been informed its bcos the hot weather is affecting my filters allowing more dirt particles through. is this true and is any1 else having this problem? plus is there any easy way to keep my filters and water system cool as they are all bolted securly in my red hot shed??? any help please guys as i dont wanna use water with tds 15 to 20

tulison from pure freedom, used it for 2 n half year n never had a problem, usually takes 3 weeks for it to read 10

if tyou turn tap off for any period flush the system for 15 /30 mins before sending through resin,,, also drain the water in resin bottle this will make it last longer,,

Hmm strange that's a good make resin, maybe it is the heat someone will help mate could be the heat on the di vessel getting to the resin .

if tyou turn tap off for any period flush the system for 15 /30 mins before sending through resin,,, also drain the water in resin bottle this will make it last longer,,

yup clean the di vessel before you put new resin in that's what I did today /emoticons/smile.png

my di,s are sat in back garden an i have no probs there in direct sunlight all day ive just changed my resin so will keep an eye on tds.

i have 2 reverse osmosis systems at 2 different houses, 1 is reading around 15 after 4 days of changing resin and the other is reading 4. it takes 3 week to get to these readings normally as 1 is higher pressure than the other, so both are getting dirtier sooner so looks like the heat is affecting both of em

any ideas on what can go over the water system to keep it cool? as evan puttin it in house will still be warm imo plus its a lot of messin around changin hose lengths etc

when you have 2 DI with resin on 1 system is it a waste of resin using 2 DI when the tds reading from the first DI is zero?? may as well fix the 2nd DI up when the tds starts reading around 5 as i cant see the point of water going through a 2nd DI with resin when it already reads zero, that would be a waste of resin??

so getting resin wet with water reading 0 does nothing at all to the resin? so the resin only starts to get "used" once the tds starts rising? so its the dirt particles in the water what affect the resin and not water wetting the resin?

ive got a 250 gpd with 1 di - and honestly, until now (before I added an inline di cartridge ) I thought 000 reading doesn't exist lol

I paid for that extra DI cartridge 12 quid

magic : )

so getting resin wet with water reading 0 does nothing at all to the resin? so the resin only starts to get "used" once the tds starts rising? so its the dirt particles in the water what affect the resin and not water wetting the resin?
yep does not affect at all m8

Back