Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Gardiners Brushes

evo343

I have just received two new gardiners brushes in the post which I was looking forward to using tomorrow, however when I tried them on the pole the connector was too small for the pole hose.

the brushes came with a QuicK-Loq push fit t piece to connect to the pole hose looks like this - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Push-Fit-T-Connector-for-QuicK-LoQ-System-PUSH_FIT_866a.html

but the hose on my pole seems to be the same diameter or slightly wider than the hole in the connector, tried everything I can think of the get it in, but theres no chance, so im guessing I need some sort of adaptor.

would this be the right thing? http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/John-Guest-8mm-stem-to-6mm-Barb-PM250806E.html it looks it to me, but want to check and see f if anybody else has had this.

cheers

you have taken off the red clip?

then insert pole hose, then re insert clip......

or because if it was fitted to a normal connector the pole hose will have stretched, so clip 10mm off the end and it`ll be back to original diameter

you have taken off the red clip?

then insert pole hose, then re insert clip......

or because if it was fitted to a normal connector the pole hose will have stretched, so clip 10mm off the end and it`ll be back to original diameter
yeah I took the red clip off first, lol. I thought maybe it had stretched because it had been on a normal 'y' piece, so I chopped off an inch but still no go. I must just have a wider pole hose?

or is it possible that after being in a hot van all the hose has expanded?, maybe ill try later or early in the morning when its cooler.

are they supposed to fit all hoses? or are there various sizes of pole hoses?

Unger poles have a thicker hose than your regular pole hose. That could be the problem, that's if you're using an Unger pole of course.

im using an xtel pole, the hose came with that, its a yellow one.

I have measured the outer diameter of the my hose and its about 9-10mm wheras the diameter of the push fit connector is 8mm. so looks like I need an adaptor (hopefully the one in the link I posted originally) failing that I will have to return to a normal 'y' piece connector. however the pencil jets and pencil jet hoses on the new brushes are smaller than those on my old brush and old connector. :Image11:

I have just received two new gardiners brushes in the post which I was looking forward to using tomorrow, however when I tried them on the pole the connector was too small for the pole hose.

the brushes came with a QuicK-Loq push fit t piece to connect to the pole hose looks like this - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Push-Fit-T-Connector-for-QuicK-LoQ-System-PUSH_FIT_866a.html

but the hose on my pole seems to be the same diameter or slightly wider than the hole in the connector, tried everything I can think of the get it in, but theres no chance, so im guessing I need some sort of adaptor.

would this be the right thing? http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/John-Guest-8mm-stem-to-6mm-Barb-PM250806E.html it looks it to me, but want to check and see f if anybody else has had this.

cheers
It may be that the hose has swollen with heat and use. Try it when it is cooler.
Of course If you are using another pole hose that is actually larger diameter then you would need one of the John Guest barb to stem adpaters that you have linked to - these work very well.

Depending on the pole hose you have the solution may be even simpler. If you have our standard pole hose, but have been using this with the older barbed T connector the end of the hose will have become stretched. To make it fit you can cut off about 1" from the end of the hose and it should then simply push-fit in.

If you are using another pole hose that is actually larger diameter then you would need one of the John Guest barb to stem adpaters that you have linked to.
great. cheers Alex. yeah I tried cutting an inch off the end, but its still no good, I tried heating and cooling it but nothing.

will order a couple of the barb adaptors then, only £1.00 ish, just a shame I never realised at the time of ordering the brush as now I will have to wait until Monday to use my new brushes.... :Image6:

great. cheers Alex. yeah I tried cutting an inch off the end, but its still no good, I tried heating and cooling it but nothing.

will order a couple of the barb adaptors then, only £1.00 ish, just a shame I never realised at the time of ordering the brush as now I will have to wait until Monday to use my new brushes.... :Image6:
You'll see I edited my post when I read you'd already tried chopping an inch off the end - sorry about that!

If you ring the Office in the morning, they can get some in the post for you tomorrow for delivery hopefully on Saturday.

You'll see I edited my post when I read you'd already tried chopping an inch off the end - sorry about that!

If you ring the Office in the morning, they can get some in the post for you tomorrow for delivery hopefully on Saturday.
no worries, yeah ill give them a ring in the morning then.

cheers

Back