Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Conservatory Valet Yesterday.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ian101

Been cleaning windows for over 3 years so have cleaned quite a few roofs but did my first full in and out inc roof inside yesterday.

Took the booking and as wasnt looking foward to cleaning the inside of roof I put it off for about 3 weeks - read over the years on various forums how **** a job it is doing insides of conny roofs. ..................... let me tell you its not that bad and actually quite easy ... decent step ladder and tradded the inside roof only problem was its was 28 degrees and roof was clear glass so very very hot work and soap was drying virtually as soon as i had put it on the roof panel.

Started at 9.30 and was done for 1.30 inc a lot of stops cos of heat .... £135

Conny was small to med with 5 roof panels either side so 10 in total so for £135 I rekon a fair price for me and customer.

Lesson learned .............. on a hot day do insides first before temp gets too high

Price sounds ok for the work, but you did took a long time. Next time Ian, try doing the insides using just a spray bottle of pure water and a micro fibre cloths, (Boars brush for outside glass roof) that’s much easier & quicker. Depending on the condition 1 hour cleaning time should be enough for that size.

Richard

Back