Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Links For A Diy Van System Guide?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mufcglen

as above guys, anyone got any links for building a diy system in my transit, something im thinking about in the future.

i used to be a mechanic so shouldnt have a problem fitting it all but just looking for a guide with whats needed,best equipment to use etc and is it worth it to build a system myself or buy a ready made set up?

cheers pal i'll check them brands out, no mines a mk6 2.0 di, them banana engines are abit slow but theyre dam reliable used to have a few mk5's but rust got the better of them, nothing i havent done to a transit mk5,mk6 or mk7!

cheers pal i'll check them brands out, no mines a mk6 2.0 di, them banana engines are abit slow but theyre dam reliable used to have a few mk5's but rust got the better of them, nothing i havent done to a transit mk5,mk6 or mk7!
nce 2 meet an x makan lol like me lo,l not that was any gud just 3 years xperince soz 4 bad spelling :Image13:

Spent 11 yrs out of school on the spanners working at Peugeot dealer than vw and Lexus then had enough and went doing property maintenance with me stepdad doing all my own hours etc, enjoyed it but getting sick of what I see everyday with immigrants who can't speak a word of English getting a nice house with all the other benefits and not having to work then trashing the house and we go in and sort it! Tires u out seeing what goes on so I'm trying to build up my own window cleaning round where I live which is a much nicer cleaner area not that I'm being snobby as I grew up in those areas of Manchester but I moved away for a reason lol!

Anyway rant over but I do still fix the family's cars, once a mechanic always a mechanic but I won't work for Somone else again after going self employed!

gud on ya m8 same as that nce 2 b self imployed .just a quick queston ive got a fiat scudo 1.9 with dw8 enging r thay ok or shixxxxxt lol comperd to transit 2.0l durotorck soz 4 bad speling lol thinking of upgrading to bigger van?

Hi mark £500 seems ok to build a system up, tench the dw8 was a pretty solid engine, didn't go very fast but hardly went wrong similar to banana engine, seem to remember the main problem we got with them was the inlet manifold gunking up from the egr valve but they're really accessible being right at front of engine to clean up!

The actual van isn't a bad van either being a joint venture by Citroen Peugeot and fiat, normally I'd say fiats are tin box **** but they was a decent van, we had a massive contract with ntl yrs ago and had to service all they're vans and pdi they're new ones, I used to fit all the alarm systems and roof racks!

If its running and driving ok I'd say keep it pal, unless you really need a bigger van then transit would be obvious choice!

Hi mark £500 seems ok to build a system up, tench the dw8 was a pretty solid engine, didn't go very fast but hardly went wrong similar to banana engine, seem to remember the main problem we got with them was the inlet manifold gunking up from the egr valve but they're really accessible being right at front of engine to clean up!

The actual van isn't a bad van either being a joint venture by Citroen Peugeot and fiat, normally I'd say fiats are tin box **** but they was a decent van, we had a massive contract with ntl yrs ago and had to service all they're vans and pdi they're new ones, I used to fit all the alarm systems and roof racks!

If its running and driving ok I'd say keep it pal, unless you really need a bigger van then transit would be obvious choice!
thanks m8 think ill keep it then i need a 650l tank was worried the enging wouldent take it but ill give it a try lol :Image1:

as above guys, anyone got any links for building a diy system in my transit, something im thinking about in the future.

i used to be a mechanic so shouldnt have a problem fitting it all but just looking for a guide with whats needed,best equipment to use etc and is it worth it to build a system myself or buy a ready made set up?
I put this set up together for around 2k it's a 40/40 RO system with 650lt upright tank i know it might seem a bit much but the van interior won't rust lol it's water proofed from floor to ceiling i had a hard time finding any good tutorials and believe me i searched for months but if you need any advice just let me know i would be happy to help i bult my system from the bare components up so i know it inside out.https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/gallery/image/261-my-wfp-system-pic1/

I have got approx. 80 videos hopefully some might help you

you should be able to make your own set up for approx. £500

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item232ca0a01e

Hi mark do u have any links for the set ups?

Look at christopher dawber on youtube he shows you how to build a trolley system his videos are really good. Just the same principle but with a big tank instead of a trolley & barrell

Back