Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vivaro Lwb Vs Transit Swb

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

I m looking to change my van soon as the combo I have became too small for some reasons : )

In the last few months I started to maw the lawn for some of my customers - and I am reasonably happy doing that as from about 3 customers i get 100 quid - anyway ..

Now the combo is full with gardening tools , hoses , wfp etc - and sometimes it take me an hr to get my van sorted ...

In other words - I need a slightly bigger van and Transit or Vivaro is in my mind - however don't know what's best buy

A swb transit is a bit more roomy but I recon has a worse MPG then vivaro ?

any advice would be appreciated

PS: Im happy to spend up to 8k

40+ mpg in my transit.. I also upgraded from A combo as I outgrew it.. Plenty of room in the transit, although its good to use the space effiecntly and not just set everything on the floor lol.. I need to get shelves made!

40+ mpg in my transit.. I also upgraded from A combo as I outgrew it.. Plenty of room in the transit, although its good to use the space effiecntly and not just set everything on the floor lol.. I need to get shelves made!
is it a swb ? and how old is it - - probably is labout 3 years old ? as the older models doesn't have such a gr8 mpg

yes shelving is a good idea - I already sketched it it on the paper : )

is it a swb ? and how old is it - - probably is labout 3 years old ? as the older models doesn't have such a gr8 mpg

yes shelving is a good idea - I already sketched it it on the paper : )
Yes it's swb low roof.. 2008..

ide get a transit the traffic an vauxhall an nissan r the same van with a different bage thats it hurd thay suffer gearbox probs an ive sin a lot broke down at side of road just my view tho .

Not sure about mpg difference but transits aren't really greedy, I've always said to mates who want a van, get a transit!

There's a reason that they're the most popular van on the road, cheap for parts too.

Had a mate who had a vauxhall van that was just a rebadged Renault and I wasn't that impressed myself and he needed a gearbox in that luckily he had warranty on it at the time.

For me the main vans on the road are transits or sprinters but there does seem to be more of these Renault/vauxhall vans on the road.

I agree before 05 plate the traffic had gearbox problems but they have sorted this out this is why so are so popular now I have had both and a traffic is so much better than a transit in fact miles and miles better

I agree before 05 plate the traffic had gearbox problems but they have sorted this out this is why so are so popular now I have had both and a traffic is so much better than a transit in fact miles and miles better
thats gud to hear thay sorted gearbox prob out cos thay r realy nce looking vans every time i c one i think coa thay looks smart lol my scudo will do me 4 now tho :Image3:

I am selling mine in about a month fully kitted out all ready to go 07 plate if you have not found anything by then pm me I am going to get the same but a newer one not because the old one is knackered just don't wont to give to much money to tax man lol

lol. :Image13: only had me scudo just over 7 months guna keep it 2 years then up grade to transit with bigger tank :Image14:

lol. :Image13: only had me scudo just over 7 months guna keep it 2 years then up grade to transit with bigger tank :Image14:
hope you ment traffic , just me I have loads of transit great vans but not as good

the gud thing about traffic is its a tad smaller than the transit easer to park lol, an i saw a windy with a transit an he had 2 500l tanks in the bk an thay looked lost dont no wat i would do with all that space lol

mines know good for u then mine is a lwb
ah defo 2 big 4 me, i wrk by my self 350l tank at mo but may need 650 in time ,only carry a bit of trad gear cloths poles back pack an a few 25l drums thats it realy .

thx for sharing your thought - I'll choose from traffic or transit - however I never drove one ov em - so have to try them first .

I had a mwb sprinter - I think is quite a thirsty van - but a pleasure to drive - easy to turn on the road (almost in one go lol)

PS: transit might be the best option for me as will fit more in there

thx for sharing your thought - I'll choose from traffic or transit - however I never drove one ov em - so have to try them first .

I had a mwb sprinter - I think is quite a thirsty van - but a pleasure to drive - easy to turn on the road (almost in one go lol)

PS: transit might be the best option for me as will fit more in there
Hi mate got a 19dci trafic late 2006 115000 miles just spent aprox £700 on recon fuel pump a known fault.If you run out of disel your pump is screwed maybe injectors too.Also problem with steering possible new rack needed for this.Fuel guage on mine doesnt work right so zero it when I get fuel.£15 gets me 100 miles aprox.The misses hates my van I love it now its going right at the minute :Image2:

the vauxhall/nissan/renualt only share the same shell not the engine loom or interior.

vauxhalls are thrown together nissans slightly better and the renaults are the best of a bad bunch

go for the transit you know it makes sense!

Back