Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Duff Resin?

Daftoldgit

Hi, is there such a thing as duff new resin?

i'm using the resin in a DI section of the RO

The water is going in to the DI at 30 ppm

when I change the resin, it comes out at 000ppm but after a couple of hours begins to rise,

after 12 hours use its up to 012 ppm

so basically I'm changing it 2 or 3 times a week!

Resin is Tulsion purchased from Bayersan, 5 litres, arrived in a plain plastic bag, not a Tulsion sack I expected, so presumably it's decanted from a larger bag, could that be a reason?

Ive had the same problem mate i filled an 11 litre vessel with tulsion 115 mb only produced a small amout and tds shot up

After that i bought a RO system as that was only £20 more than a bag of new resin .

try unger resin m8 ive got tulsion at da mo an ant lasted very lng dont no if its cos of di left i n bk garden in sun or duf resin mine came in a tulsion logo bag :Image6:

I think Bayersun sell the lower spec resin MB-111. Your ppm is way too high for only 5 litres, What size is your di vessel as at 30ppm you really need a 11litre vessel min.

try unger resin m8 ive got tulsion at da mo an ant lasted very lng dont no if its cos of di left i n bk garden in sun or duf resin mine came in a tulsion logo bag :Image6:
If you leave your vessil direct in the sunlight there is a risk of damaging your vessel and cracking the resin beads in this extreme heat

There is a poster on another forum complaining about Tulsion resin he bought from Corwood & Co not performing.
I've never found resin not to perform, the biggest issues have been faulty risers and in this heat they are prone to it. Also if they have the di head that comes from China with 2 "o" rings there is always a risk of damaging them.

Lastly the amount of dodgy fake TDS meters that give incorrect readings are also a huge factor

If you leave your vessil direct in the sunlight there is a risk of damaging your vessel and cracking the resin beads in this extreme heat
i have put my di,s in a cool place now cos my resin hasent lasted very lng so hope nuffin bin damaged :Image4:

Thanks for all the replies!

I THINK I've trackrd down the problem to a disc of foam breaking up! I put it in the DI to stop the beads leaking into the water.

If that doesn't make a difference I'll try a higher grade resin...

Back