Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ecover Finishing Problem?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mufcglen

Hi guys after most reviews on here I've been trying lemon ecover in my bucket and find I'm having one problem, when im finishing after squeegee and quick wipe with scrim I then like to double check the edges and any possible marks on glass with micro but the micro won't glide over the surface and almost wants to stick!

When I used unger fluid the micro would glide over it?

Is it because the ecover takes all the greases off the glass and won't let anything slide on it If you know what I mean or do I need to add more or less liquid to my mix, I've tried more and less and seems to be the same!

ive never had a prob with ecover m8 i put 2 cap fulls of white malt vinegger in as well to get that extra shine try more ecover in bucket.

Not a problem I've had with ecover either with or without the vinegar mate and I use micros as well so really can't see where the problem would be. Maybe put a bit more in.

I get that all the time.

But I use pure water in my mix. Also if the glass has been cleaned by WFP before hand that can rip any greasey film off left by trad.

u cud try dogearing your chanel. when u soap up window detail realy well than blade off so u only have to detail bottom of glass.

just my veiw m8 i went back 2 fairy an it was a nte mare it leaves vindow sticky an 1 custmer complande sead windows dident look very gud he is picky tho so went bk 2 ecover an vin happy as larry lol :Image14:

You can get this sometimes when both the surface and the cloth just appear to be too dry. I find it more with a new microfibre and with those fish scale type. You may be doing too good a job with the scrim for the micro to work after especially in this heat as the water evaporates quicker from the glass. Use your scrim to remove the excess water but if you want to go round with a micro after, then maybe look to leave some water there in the first place. Alternatively, try another brand of microfibre and never use the cheap supermarket type.

Mart.

hi mate, you might have something there as i used ecover the same time i used my new unger micro's,i usually use some cheap pound shop micros but theyve been wet and dryed a few times so might give the unger's a wash!

hi mate, you might have something there as i used ecover the same time i used my new unger micro's,i usually use some cheap pound shop micros but theyve been wet and dryed a few times so might give the unger's a wash!
Yea, I'd definately throw um in the washer with your scrims mate....brand new cloths always have that 'scratchy nails down a blackboard' feel to um and a wash will soften them up.
Mart.

Back