Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Dark Side

C

Catherine

I really dont get it, had two recommendations ( I like it here because your all nice)so somebody runs a two page thread about telesales and then ends up saying, no worries ill go and knock doors and wait for the decision maker (which 50% of the time will not get, due to appointment only, out to lunch, in a meeting) jeeeeezzzzz................. 90% you will not get a decision maker to see you - you can hit lucky sometimes, but it has to planned and strategic, Im off to take some lavender lol

Its ok Damo somebody has started a thread on CIU about gaining commercial stuff, been recommended and then he goes off and says ill knock commercial stuff - thats cool but he wont get the decision maker most of the time - CIU they ask stuff and just dont follow it through

Its really weird, they post and then dont follow anyones advice, you give them the answer - and then go of on a tangent. Ive beeen getting commercial leads for nearly three years, so you advise and nobody seems to do much, even though they have asked the original question - very ODD

I lasted a month on CIU before I left.

Unless you Drive a VW T5 with ionics system and earn £80 an hour min you aint nothing to them lol.

Damo I think its a mixture of things, you get people on the site asking for this and that, and then dont adhere or do anything based on advice that you give them, its read and ignore. So how do I get commercial work " erm get on the phone" nobody does, and then you get a thread about how do I get commercial work? It really annoys me, so much now Im thinking about dropping the industry..........Know it sounds mean but I cant work with people who are not prepared to try something new, been in this game for 23 years now - you give answers and try and help ..... but nobody listens. An old client of mine obtained a database from me and picked up a 2,600 job a year on his on merit by doing some calls... towel in soon mate I think

That's not good /emoticons/sad.png

Problem is Commercial WC is horrible now.

We DID very little and what we did we soon lost!

I did a place for £40 once a month for 10+ years.

Someone came in at £35 and we got sacked!

I Am interested in Domestic and Semi Deep cleans. More money and more interesting

Yea I think so mate, its cool on here though, but i stand charged as guilty losing my temper on there, thats why I dont go on there anymore

Its just madness, " a good line to get into is private nursing homes" furk me backwards with a queen Anne Chair - er three years later (naughty Kate) Ive done the Marriot this year, a 58 bed hotel, another 48 bedder a £750 School then another £450 bed a month, and somebody says its a good idea to get into private nursing homes, not to mention smaller places, its just sooo frustrating, then we had a £250 a month, not to mention smaller ones at £50 a shot - oh well never mind

Thing is Catherine some ppl are so full of themselves no matter what sound advice is give they simply will not take a blind bit of notice.

Keep your chin up and all that :Image9:

Cheers guys, but it just seems that its a new found marketing strategy to pick the blower up, and now we have "experts" 23 years in oh dear. Will just add, really looking forward to working with whoever wins the prize with me

Damo I think its a mixture of things, you get people on the site asking for this and that, and then dont adhere or do anything based on advice that you give them, its read and ignore. So how do I get commercial work " erm get on the phone" nobody does, and then you get a thread about how do I get commercial work? It really annoys me, so much now Im thinking about dropping the industry..........Know it sounds mean but I cant work with people who are not prepared to try something new, been in this game for 23 years now - you give answers and try and help ..... but nobody listens. An old client of mine obtained a database from me and picked up a 2,600 job a year on his on merit by doing some calls... towel in soon mate I think
Don’t give up; all window cleaners aren’t the same. How much does your service cost Catherine compared to the return?

Richard

I know Richard completely agree, but its changing peoples way of thinking - I read all the forums I give advice. Any industry is not about being reactive its about being proactive, so when people ask time after time after time after time, how do I get commercial work "get on the phone" it becomes quite repetative. Success, well somebody spent £150 with us and got £500 work a month, 1 was a major brewery. But it always differs, very hard to predict what you will get, all about taking a risk or a punt - but if you dont try it youll never know. Trouble is with the guys I work with some now over 2 years they dont go on forums, so really difficult to get referrals - always offer telephone numbers though to talk to. I just get a sense in this industry nobody likes the phone, it does stand out............... my partner doesnt like the phone. Its just trying a different way of marketing your business, which has been tried and tested for many years. Thank you for your reply Richard

40 times the initial financial outlay (£150) over the first 12 months, sounds very good Catherine, I would be happy will a half that, or even less.

I will have another look at your website. I think I would like to give it a go; I’m in no rush at this time, my youngest starts school this September, so I will be able to re-organise the round over the next few months. If you have any other info that’s not on your website, Please email it to me – [email protected]

Thanks Richard

Back