Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning and heat

O

OoO

Whats the chances of the panel cracking?

I am doing the panels around 9am in the morning when its about 20c and usually on an overcast day!

I take it if you turned up in 32c at 4pm in the afternoon and started to clean em you could run into problems!!!!???

This may calm your fears maybe? Solar panels actualy work best in colder climates. FACT :Image13:

Solar steve usa (yes another one) will tell you why :Image9:

pt1

What would happen if there was a shower of rain, would that crack it?

I think it should be quite difficult to crack a solar panel. I think they are designed to with stand the weather.

Has a customer said you have caused it to crack?

Thanks hotwash and smurf.

The solar panel jobs are mounting up and I could easyily spend a day doing em

Was just a thought that popped into my head lol

But yeah the rain comment makes sense!!

Did you see the vids Damo?

Best make sure your insurance covers you for solar panel cleaning actually being worked on just in case something goes badly wrong and/or you are accused of causing panels to break down which they can often do.

Yeah I did mate. I thought it was Steve.

Solar Steve was the uploader.

Yeah deffo coverered. With gleaming insurance.

So what are the correct safety measures you should take before commence cleaning a spa Demo?

I visually inspect them for damage.

Wear massive rubber gloves and just crack on. Well I hope they don't crack /emoticons/smile.png

Did you see the vids Damo?
Best make sure your insurance covers you for solar panel cleaning actually being worked on just in case something goes badly wrong and/or you are accused of causing panels to break down which they can often do.
Mine does.

Many thanks but I know what it is but just curious if the risk of electrocution was mentioned in yours

Back