Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Bought A Slx-35 In The Sale And...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wonder why this is, I hope they are not faulty or seconds or something like that.

I bought an slx 18 full price and got the new clamps too.

Might buy a few more and sell them on fleabay.

I wonder how many other people have received the "wrong" clamp pole.

Damn, I just got a new slx today and really swayed between the old style 35 ft and the new slx. Actually I'm really annoyed.

@ hotwash, how do you get on with the quick release connector and the carbon goose neck. I have reverted back to normal plastic t-piece as I find the hose crimps at the brush if you use the new push fit connector.

@ tench, I find the new clamps work very well, just a bit fiddly for me though. Must have sausage fingers haha.

I like the goosenecks and change the quick loq connector for the old white tbar. Plus the new orange hose replaced with the old yellow hose as it's far better. Gardiner have supplied them to me free of charge, much appreciated many thanks.

@ hotwash, how do you get on with the quick release connector and the carbon goose neck. I have reverted back to normal plastic t-piece as I find the hose crimps at the brush if you use the new push fit connector.

@ tench, I find the new clamps work very well, just a bit fiddly for me though. Must have sausage fingers haha.
lol i have skinny fingers so i may b ok still cant make my mind up slx or facelift lol :Image11: im in no rush tho clx still going just :Image2:

I wonder why this is, I hope they are not faulty or seconds or something like that.

I bought an slx 18 full price and got the new clamps too.

Might buy a few more and sell them on fleabay.

I wonder how many other people have received the "wrong" clamp pole.
Hi Hotwash

As far as I can see you ordered yours back at the end of June is this correct? Does your 'sale' SLX35 have new clamps on all sections or just the base section? If it is on all sections then this also was a packing error.

I keep getting packing errors.

Change the free pens to pole hose cutters /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png

I can understand why you would be pleased! This is obviously a packing error as the pole you will have received by mistake will be a new SLX-II (£330) not the older sale poles (£245).
I'm keeping schtum from now on :)

Hi Alex, yes on all the sections are new clamps. Bonus. I did purchase it at the end of June.

On another note, the hybrid brush I am finding very good with hot water and enjoy using it.

I am going to try the stiff extreme as well.

Thanks for the yellow pole hose it arrived today and it is the good stuff like I had before. I am finding the orange hose difficult to use and in all honesty not very well suited to hot water systems.

The newer push fittings for quick release gooseneck is also much better than the old one.

Now I have tightened the clamps they are not so fiddly. Perhaps during the putting the pole together side of things someone could tighten the clamps to the required amount and then others won't find them awkward also.

Both of the new poles are great.

Many thanks Hotwash window cleaners.

Hi wilgold

Did you order the SLXII? If so, email me your order number and I can make sure you get the correct pole you ordered.

Hi Alex

Lol no I order the 35 in the sale. Just logged on and I've seen this post about ppl receiving the slx2 in error.

Sadly you have got the order correct this time and I've received the old one /emoticons/sad.png

Cheers

Wil

I can understand why you would be pleased! This is obviously a packing error as the pole you will have received by mistake will be a new SLX-II (£330) not the older sale poles (£245).
u must b gutted alex some one will b geting a slap on the rist lol :Image4:

It's not the first time it's happened over the years and we have to rely on clients letting us know so that we can provide further staff training. One client rang to say he received a SLX instead of the CLX he paid for. We let him keep it in this instance as it was our mistake but his phone call was appreciated and duly noted.

Back