Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Think I May Need A Longer Ladder

Smurf

NOT :Image13:

What would you charge for checking & clearing the guttering on this one? :Image16:

Total linear m of guttering = 157

These two aspects of the building would be an easy cherry picker job as long as the cherry picker has at least an outreach of more than 8m to overcome the obstacle (bike shed etc) in pic 3

[ATTACH]3355.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3356.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3362.IPB[/ATTACH]

Now how would you go about the other two aspects?

Pic showing bad access to right aspect

[ATTACH]3358.IPB[/ATTACH]

Pic showing uneven ground on right aspect with a 27m gutter run that needs to be checked & cleared

[ATTACH]3359.IPB[/ATTACH]

Same goes for the rear aspect 48m gutter run but at least ground is clearer

[ATTACH]3360.IPB[/ATTACH]

But rear aspect still has bad access.

[ATTACH]3361.IPB[/ATTACH]

And NO I will defo not be using a guttervac :Image13:

I wouldn't. I'd admit I wasn't geared up for such a job & pass it on to a bigger firm! Wouldn't be the first time - better to be honest that come unstuck half way through.

But, assuming you aren't looking at hiring a cherry picker etc, then I'd quote £2.50 - £3 a metre.

same here about 3 a meter not including the cherry picker , did you have a look at the roof with your cam smurf , maybe it could be done by accessing the roof with a ladder and use your harness if there a secure anchor point .

well the checking wont be to bad with gutter cam! lol would let you borrow mine but you know! lol

My gutter shoot would come in handy for that job too! lol

but think around £400-£500

same here about 3 a meter not including the cherry picker , did you have a look at the roof with your cam smurf , maybe it could be done by accessing the roof with a ladder and use your harness if there a secure anchor point .

its a pitched roof on top, so roof is out

surely on a dry day that roof would be easy to walk on to access all guttering and downpipes, using a harness , its hard to tell from the pics that its pitched

not all metal roofs can be walked on without using crawler boards to prevent damage to the metal. then you are still leaning over the edge to get to the gutters so increasing the chance of falling, so there is only 2 safe ways to do it really,

cherry picker/ scissor lift or ladders,

personally ladders would be my last choice

roof.png.101b05235f37b3761b9d80e03c8ee8b9.png

Easy bits cherry picker and the hard to access sides scaffolding is the only safe way on that one.

Put it this way it's not going to be a cheap job. :Image16:

Forgot to mention will need a tree surgeon too as per usual got trees growing out of parts of the guttering :Image13:

For anyone interested this is how wide and deep that type of guttering is.

[ATTACH]3369.IPB[/ATTACH]

400-500 squid sounds very cheap to me RC or is that just for labour costs :Image16:

well the checking wont be to bad with gutter cam! lol would let you borrow mine but you know! lol

My gutter shoot would come in handy for that job too! lol

but think around £400-£500

• 3 weeks later...

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.