Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Think I May Need A Longer Ladder

Smurf

NOT :Image13:

What would you charge for checking & clearing the guttering on this one? :Image16:

Total linear m of guttering = 157

These two aspects of the building would be an easy cherry picker job as long as the cherry picker has at least an outreach of more than 8m to overcome the obstacle (bike shed etc) in pic 3

View attachment 3355

View attachment 3356

View attachment 3362

Now how would you go about the other two aspects?

Pic showing bad access to right aspect

View attachment 3358

Pic showing uneven ground on right aspect with a 27m gutter run that needs to be checked & cleared

View attachment 3359

Same goes for the rear aspect 48m gutter run but at least ground is clearer

View attachment 3360

But rear aspect still has bad access.

View attachment 3361

And NO I will defo not be using a guttervac :Image13:

I wouldn't. I'd admit I wasn't geared up for such a job & pass it on to a bigger firm! Wouldn't be the first time - better to be honest that come unstuck half way through.

But, assuming you aren't looking at hiring a cherry picker etc, then I'd quote £2.50 - £3 a metre.

same here about 3 a meter not including the cherry picker , did you have a look at the roof with your cam smurf , maybe it could be done by accessing the roof with a ladder and use your harness if there a secure anchor point .

well the checking wont be to bad with gutter cam! lol would let you borrow mine but you know! lol

My gutter shoot would come in handy for that job too! lol

but think around £400-£500

same here about 3 a meter not including the cherry picker , did you have a look at the roof with your cam smurf , maybe it could be done by accessing the roof with a ladder and use your harness if there a secure anchor point .
its a pitched roof on top, so roof is out

surely on a dry day that roof would be easy to walk on to access all guttering and downpipes, using a harness , its hard to tell from the pics that its pitched

surely on a dry day that roof would be easy to walk on to access all guttering and downpipes, using a harness , its hard to tell from the pics that its pitched
not all metal roofs can be walked on without using crawler boards to prevent damage to the metal. then you are still leaning over the edge to get to the gutters so increasing the chance of falling, so there is only 2 safe ways to do it really,

cherry picker/ scissor lift or ladders,

personally ladders would be my last choice

View attachment 2017

Easy bits cherry picker and the hard to access sides scaffolding is the only safe way on that one.

Put it this way it's not going to be a cheap job. :Image16:

Forgot to mention will need a tree surgeon too as per usual got trees growing out of parts of the guttering :Image13:

For anyone interested this is how wide and deep that type of guttering is.

View attachment 3369

400-500 squid sounds very cheap to me RC or is that just for labour costs :Image16:

well the checking wont be to bad with gutter cam! lol would let you borrow mine but you know! lol

My gutter shoot would come in handy for that job too! lol

but think around £400-£500

For anyone interested this is how wide and deep that type of guttering is.

attachicon.gif
Industrial unit guttering.jpg

400-500 squid sounds very cheap to me RC or is that just for labour costs :Image16:
Just labour cost, depends what equipment you have to use on top, forgot to say that bit,

Could you not have just got the ladders up there and guttervac'd it? Maybe with a second man on the job holding the ladder and helping hold the guttervac?

Or am i way off on that?

You could try Andy but working from ladders at that height would be a big risk and daft if you asked me. Also the company H&S officer of the site would probably go bonkers too :Image13:

For 2 storey smaller domestic jobs my gutter clearing ladder setup works well but that building is a lot taller than you think Andy. Also working from ladders to clear that guttering would not be allowed if a safer method of working is an option as they have a duty of care to contractors and are liable if they have an accident.

Latest Posts

Back