Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Grey Van!

O

OoO

Had it cleaned at a local car wash place on sunday, but the van has always looked a bit grey.

So out came out the cutting compound, water, polish and ubik and well!!!!!!

Look at the rear doors!

View attachment 2018

Done half /emoticons/biggrin.png

Doing dads van as well at weekend (well im helping) might going into car cleaning..............NOT!

Did you use ubik damo? I got some on my van by mistake and its left couple of dots on there which will not come off!!

I soaked the van with water first then tried a small letter. It actually cleaned the letter! But i made sure i had little to no rubbing compound when i was doing the letters. As you would actually scratch them.

BUT

The large LGB has actually now got less scratches go figure >

I could do better ahahaha

Nice job mate, glad to see at least one person realises that the cleaner their van the better impression /emoticons/smile.png

What cutting compound did you use

Hi damo, Van looks very nice. How much does it cost to get van sign witen and are they indivdual letters or large sheets?
It was £325 tbh i could have got it for about £250 but was desperate to get it done.

Each individual stickers mate.

I could do better ahahahaNice job mate, glad to see at least one person realises that the cleaner their van the better impression :)What cutting compound did you use
I think it was called G3 or G4 ???

Used plenty of water. I was gonna use a buffer but didn't want all the vinyl damaging.

Cheers /emoticons/smile.png

No no no /emoticons/tongue.png I sprayed water on the van then put cutting compound in cloth then went to work.

I have polished half the van. Not waxed it.

Ooo I was think wtf is he doing adding it to water lol, my bad long day. Make sure you wax it when your done. Don't want your hard work getting ruined within a week or so ay!

Gota a lovely reflection to it now!

How did you find using the G3 stuff?

I normally use school s17

It's really corse hence the water. But quite easy.

When you say wax? I use autoglym super resin polish. That no good?

Not really mate as even that contains compound.

This one is good and is more than enough to do whole van

http://bit.ly/13jjheV

A little goes a long way. Just apply, leave to go hazey, then buff

If its sticky when buffing, leave it longer /emoticons/smile.png

It was £325 tbh i could have got it for about £250 but was desperate to get it done.

Each individual stickers mate.
Wow, if they're all individual stickers, that's not a bad job for the price, including all them pure water spots, LOL.

Not really mate as even that contains compound. This one is good and is more than enough to do whole van http://bit.ly/13jjheVA little goes a long way. Just apply, leave to go hazey, then buffIf its sticky when buffing, leave it longer /emoticons/smile.png
What do i do with the panels already waxed?

Back