Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hmmmmmm Maybe That Richard Bloke Does Know A Thing Or Two ;)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Been experimenting with brushes all this week.

And at the moment i can see a difference in cleaning speed, earning and fatigue.

I have changed from a Gardiner Extreme Brush to a Gardiner Sill Brush.

I have noticed i am rinsing less, cleaning quicker and earning more. I seem to hit the same pain barrier (lower back) I hit the barrier about an hour before i do with the extreme BUT i have actually done more money!

I have tried a dual trim and that IS too heavy 285g. I have added weights to my sill brush and 225grams with pencil and jets is my cut off. Anything more and i really ache!

I Am big enough and ugly enough to admit when i am wrong, but i could be wrong on the extreme.

It looks like it IS a slow brush and its better to use a heavier brush but with more bristles.

The Saga continues....................

Using flat trim.

I stand by the weight tho a 100% my limit really is 225grams been playing with weights all week.

And yes Mark If we see a tecbuk 225grams then he could be onto a winner.

225 for stock/bristles/jets and hose !

If I stop the pain is unbearable.

At Christmas I had two weeks off. By about the 10th day I couldn't move.

The more active I am the better.

But that is what the big picture is. I will hopefully be solely running two companies.

I know what you mean Damo as if I'm not active me pains are unberable. Then when I get home after a hard day I then can hardly move so can't win :Image3:

I done mind, damaged the c2, c3, c4, c5, t9, t10 and facit joints in my hip, are you over weight? go to a osteopath, got a 6 pack

Been experimenting with brushes all this week.

And at the moment i can see a difference in cleaning speed, earning and fatigue.

I have changed from a Gardiner Extreme Brush to a Gardiner Sill Brush.

I have noticed i am rinsing less, cleaning quicker and earning more. I seem to hit the same pain barrier (lower back) I hit the barrier about an hour before i do with the extreme BUT i have actually done more money!

I have tried a dual trim and that IS too heavy 285g. I have added weights to my sill brush and 225grams with pencil and jets is my cut off. Anything more and i really ache!

I Am big enough and ugly enough to admit when i am wrong, but i could be wrong on the extreme.

It looks like it IS a slow brush and its better to use a heavier brush but with more bristles.

The Saga continues....................
It’s good to hear you noticing the differences more between your own brushes Damo.

Obviously the brush weight is very important to you, because of your back pain; so use what’s best for you. If it s any help, you can reduce your cleaning times more by noting which type of brush bristle is suited for any particular work and choosing most suitable trim, this helps as well.

For more frequent work, that doesn’t get badly soiled – you must use a 100% polyester monofilament brush, correctly i.e. fast – I’m betting you could cut your current cleaning time in half, still earning all your money for that day, and keep the back pain to minimum.

Thanks for posting that Damo, I have been saying (all the time) brushes are very different from each other.

Richard

Back