Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

500L Ro Van Mount System.

I have a 500L RO van mount system.

My PPM has gone up to 3PPM today and I decided to change the resin for the first time since I've had the system. I gave the RO system a good flush out and then left my tank to fill up again.

Ive just tested my water and its 3ppm again??

I still had 1/4 of a tank of water from the last fill up. Do you think that it has mixed together and made it 3ppm. Or could it be something to do with the filters??

ur resin should take it to zero ppm even if u had 1/4 of a tank of 3ppm an filled up with zero ppm it would take tds down 2 at least 1ppm or zero ppm ?

did you test the water coming out of the DI, or just the tank water.

could be your tank has something in, slightly contaminating the water.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Am going to try and use all my water today and I will check there's nothing sitting in the bottom of the tank.

I could see a few black bits in the bottom so maybe it's that. Once cleaned out I will fill up and see what the ppm is coming out the DI.

It's a strange one this...

Oreyt Paul mate,

Just a quick thought bud, does your tds meter have calibration instructions with it? Sometimes they need doing every so often.

Alright Andy,

I've got 3 Tds meters and they are all saying the same mate. So thing that rules that out /emoticons/smile.png

Got about half a tank of water left and few more houses to do, plus my own house so should have a empty tank by then. So going to try and find out what's up with it tonight.

Haha ye for sure that rules that out,

They have filters inside the actual tank don't they? Remember the guy doing the demo showing me, have a scan on that too bud?

Good luck

i think test water out of di if 0ppm then u no its ur tank that may need cleaning,but i have cleaned windows with 026ppm once by mastake lol an windows dried spot on but 0ppm is wat u want tho gud luk m8

I empty my tank last night.

Started filling it up again, the ppm coming out the DI was 000ppm.

I kept check it whilst it was filling and it was still coming out at 000ppm

Got up this morning and checked the water in the tank and its 6ppm.....don't know what's going on.

Or could that filter you replaced in the tank be contaminating the water? Somehow maybe? I'm just shooting with my eyes closed here.

Sorry mate been busy.

Yer it's all sorted now and filling as we speak.

It was a small crimped fitting that was leaking inside the tank.

GREAT after sales advice by Brodex though......10/10

Back