Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Original Slx Weight Compared To Slx 2

Praha

Does anyone have the details of the original slx weights and sections? Just wanted to compare it to the new slx and Gardiners site just has the up to date details.

Do they still have the same amount of sections? The new slx has 5 the web site says but I'm sure my old one has an extra section.

The poles do weight more, but they are also longer when extended. Comparing my old slx 35, to my new one, the new one is about 2 foot longer extended.

It's just I'm either missing a section on my new slx 25 or they are longer sections now, because my old slx has one more section than my new one.

The old and the new SLX25 were both 5 section poles.

The old SLX25 weighed about 1410g and the new SLX25 weighs about 1440g. However the new SLX25 is a little longer when extended.

If your old SLX pole had 6 sections then it would have been an SLX30

Would the top 3 sections of an old clx fit into the bottom 3 sections of an old slx 25? Cos I've definitely got 6 sections of pole and I'm sure it wasn't a 30 ft originally. I just salvaged bits of pole when I could to put off having to get a new pole but all the sections are definitely gardiner.

They would fit. But I think the slx 25 sections are longer than the clx. Shouldn't matter tho. Just use stop tape (electrical)

Would the top 3 sections of an old clx fit into the bottom 3 sections of an old slx 25? Cos I've definitely got 6 sections of pole and I'm sure it wasn't a 30 ft originally. I just salvaged bits of pole when I could to put off having to get a new pole but all the sections are definitely gardiner.
If you have an original SLX25 these started from a section larger than all the other poles. So the top 3 sections of a CLX (#1, #2 & #3) would fit into the bottom 3 sections of an old SLX25. You would effectively have a 6 section pole if you had done this.

Back